Epilogue

Jordan

I stood in nothing but panties and bra in front of the mirror, staring at my body.

I sighed as I noticed how I was beginning to gain a little weight.

I have been too busy to hit the gym now that I have a job. But, unfortunately, my lack of exercise isn't the reason for my weight gain.

I thought back to that night with Conner. I regret it so much. I had been so stupid.

It was a week before "our wedding." He decided he wanted to celebrate a little early by taking me out to eat, and then doing something special that night. I, of course, wasn't up for it. But, to avoid raising suspicion, I went along with it. I had gotten myself drunk just so it wouldn't be as much hell for me, which was a big mistake. We went home that night and I made the biggest mistake of my life.

I blew out a deep breath as I grabbed my white romper from the hanger and dressed myself. My make up and hair was already done so I grabbed my shoes and made my way to the living room where I would be meeting Terrin to be on our way.

It was our one month anniversary since we've gotten married and she wanted to celebrate it. I decided to take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant down town.

I wanted to make today special for her, and by taking her out would make her really happy. It would also be a good opportunity to let her in on my little secret.

Although I know she will be in complete shock, and really upset, I'm hoping the time she had before it would lessen that.

I love Terrin. I would do anything for her. She's everything I could ever ask for. I'm really worried about tonight. I don't wanna lose her.

I might not lose her physically, but mentally? Yeah.

I'm afraid our relationship won't be the same.

"Hey beautiful," Terrin smiled as I walked in.

We pecked each other on the lips and left our apartment.

Butterflies grew in my stomach as the time came closer. I was trying to decide when to tell her.

If I do it before we eat, she would lose her appetite and being at that restaurant will be pointless. But, if I tell her after, we might see what she ate again. I don't know what affect it will have on her, so I couldn't decide on the right time.

We arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes later. After finding the closest parking spot because who likes to walk that far, we entered the little Italian restaurant Terrin had chosen, which was the perfect choice because I've been craving lots of Italian food lately.

We followed the host to our table at the back. A few minutes later, our waiter offered us some wine. Terrin looked at me weirdly when I rejected the wine and asked for some water.

If you knew me like Terrin does, you would know that I would never in a million years reject liquor. But in this case, I must.

I'm not a heavy drinker. I just don't turn down anything offered to me.

As we waited for our drinks to be delivered, we scanned the menu. I wanted practically everything on here. It all sounded so good.

"So what are you gonna get, babe?" Terrin asked causing me to look up from my menu.

"I'm not sure," I responded. "I'll probably get chicken parmigiana with a side of pasta."

"Oh, that sounds good! I'll probably get the same!"

We handed our menus to the waiter after he handed us our drinks and took our orders. Terrin her wine and me my water. 

"I'm really surprised that you're not drinking," Terrin commented. I knew that would raise suspicion.

"I wanted to cut back on drinking," I lied.

She shrugged not asking anymore questions, which relieved me.

I decided to tell Terrin after we eat so I would have time to build up the courage to. I have been trying to do that for the past three weeks, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I have to tell her, though. Eventually she would find out, and I wanted to be able to tell her myself before that happens.

"I can't believe they still haven't found whose responsible for Louis' death. I mean, yeah, he was an ass, but he didn't deserve to die that way," Terrin spoke.

I nodded as I listened. We heard about Louis just last week when we ran into Conner's friend at the mall. He had told us that Conner found his best friend dead in his apartment, making me feel guilty as hell. I know I'm responsible for what happened to Louis. Thing is, I'm the only one who knows. Not even Terrin knows.

I decided to keep that a secret. I didn't want her to think I was a psycho and leave me.

I'm not a psycho. What I did to Louis was to scare him, not to kill him. I planned to set him free the next day, but with a lot on my mind, I had forgotten about him. I feel bad. I'll probably never forgive myself for it. But I try to forget it ever happened, so no questions get asked.

After we got our food, we dove straight in. I was so hungry. Even though I ate a city's worth of food today.

As we were finishing up, I grew nervous. It was almost time to tell her. I didn't want to but I knew I had to.

"I'm full," Terrin spoke as she threw her fork on her plate. "I think I'm gonna take this home."

I looked down at my completely empty plate. I never even knew I could eat this much.

As Terrin looked through the desert menu, I took this time as an opportunity to tell her, now that we were both done eating.

"Terrin," I sighed. "I . . . I have something I need to tell you."

"What's up?" She asked taking a sip of her drink.

Just as I expected, the next two words that came out of my mouth made her do a spit take and nearly choke on her drink.

"I'm pregnant."

---

Soo this is the end! What y'all think?

This book is completely done but I will slowly be editing it. I'm currently working on a new story that will be posted soon, and thinking about a possible sequel to this book? idk :p what do you guys think?

anyway, thanks again to everyone who took the time to read this book ily all <3