Welcome to the DEO...more or less

Kara's POV
"We keep it here as a reminder of the day you crashed on earth," Hank said. "You're the reason for all of this." Wait, what? Me? How? " Me? But...My...but my cousin was here two dozen years before me." I said. This whole situation was getting old. Fast. "And it was his arrival that triggered the need for this organization. We realized we weren't alone in the universe and we might soon be getting more...immigrants." I looked at him incredulously. Was this guy serious? Did Alex work with him everyday? "Sure enough, you came along. And with you, Fort Rozz." He said matter of factly. "Fort Rozz?" What the hell is a Rozz? "Krypton's maximum security prison. Banished to the Phantom Zone, same place your ship got stuck. But just like yours, it didn't stay there." He added. "So what? I pulled it out? I helped them escape?" Gotta fix this...and fast. Last thing I need is this...dude on my back. "Precisely. And now we've got to clean up your mess." Oh for Rao's sake! "Wait wait wait, I wanna help-I NEED to help. This is my mess!" I'll fix it. It's not that hard. Right? "Yes. It is your mess. But, I still can't trust you enough to help. You'll make it worse." No NO. I'll help. I'll be useful. "I'm helping and that's final." I stated authoritatively, squaring my shoulders. He looked at me, unfazed. "Cute." He said after a moment. "But on one condition, I run you. You do as I say and that's final. Am I understood?" I rolled my eyes but agreed anyway. " Sir yes, sir."

After some time had passed,  me some of the other agents were trying to track whoever escaped. Alex showed up. She's kind of the last person I wanted to speak to right now. "Kara, hey..." she started tentatively. She knew I was upset. She kept this from me for so long. "Look you don't have to speak to me just...follow me, okay? Please?" I decided to give in and follow her. She led me to this room that seemed to be a lab, her lab. And director jackass was there as well. "Look, I don't have time for the two of you to be on different pages. You two need to be lock step." Blah blah lock step, in unison, I get it. "Now I get that I recruited Agent Danvers for her background in alien biology," Alex looked taken aback, "but now I need the two of you to get over what ever...this is and work in tandem." I looked at Alex, who looked right back at me. "Wait," she spoke up. "I thought you recruited me because of my own skills, not because of her!"  I stood there silent. Serves her right. "I did." He said. "But also because of your-." "Background in alien biology. Yeah, i know." I kind of felt bad. She thought she was wanted for her own skills. Not for anything that may have concerned me. "Look I have a job to get back to. Call me if anything comes up." I called. "I won't!" Henshaw shot back. "Getting really sick of this dude already." I said to myself.