40

By the time we stopped the boat it was pitch dark. The light house was the only thing lit. Other than the stars in the sky. The water and birds were silent for once. Almost in a comfortable silence. Us teens and Frank stepped off the boat and ran down the pior to our home. Helenand the other kids, and Mrs. Munion were quickly coming our way. We all cheered when we met up. Hugs were thrown around, and smiles were put on faces. This is what we were waiting for. Helen and Frank's reunion.

"I'm sorry" Frank apologized. His arms were wrapped around Helen's slim waist as they embraced each other.

" I am, too" Helen smiled. She held the sides of Frank's face with a look of contentment.

" This is where i belong"Frank stated as he kissed her forehead. I smiled with my heart fluttering they were cute old people.

"Yeah. You crazy man. You get your girl!" I teased making them laugh. Dylan chuckled pulling me into a side hug whilst squeezing my hip lightly in a happy manor.

"And i think my kids agree" frank said.

"Yeah!" Everyone chanted. Phoebe was grinning ear to ear. I was very happy that my best friend finally has her family all together.

" Your kids?" Helen asked grinning.

"Our kids", he laughed, " Will you marry me again?" He asked.

" Yeah. Only this time, the right way"Helen said with a thoughtful sigh.

"You know what we need?" I asked jumping in.

"What?" Frank asked kindly.

" Group hug!" I shouted pulling them into my arms. Making all the kids follow.

I realised something as we all hugged. My mother is not there for me
And we never talk, our relationship is ruined. Family does not have to be blood. Family can be someone you have known your whole life, or someone you just met. The people that show you affection. The people that make you feel as though nothing is impossible. Life is full of surprises and everything works out eventually. To me family is just this. Knowing I have someone to hug and share my thoughts with. This was just what I needed. I have friends, family, and love. It's all I need in my life.