Chapter 25

Bella's POV

Lisa and Dani knock and then walk into the room. Christina sits up and tries to wipe her tears away but Lisa and Dani can see she's been crying.

"Got any pajamas for me?" I ask and Dani tosses me my favourite pair. I get up off the bed to put them on.

"Um..." Lisa says and starts to laugh. Dani and Christina join in. I realize the back is fully open.

"I am so sick of this backless gown,"I mutter which makes my sisters laugh harder. I change into my pjs and return to my bed. Christina, Lisa and Dani also change and then we sit on my bed.

"Dani, do you want to sleep next to me tonight?" I ask. I'm sure she's upset and could use someone next to her.

"Okay," she says and smiles a little.

"I'll take the couch and you can take the cot," Lisa says to Christina who agrees.

We all lay across my bed and watch the last part of a movie that's on the crappy TV and then we decide to sleep.

Lisa pulls a blanket over her on the couch and Christina tries to get comfy on the cot. Dani curls up to me and I hold her protectively.

I can hear my sisters' breathing slow and I lay there thinking. I'm scared to fall asleep because I don't want flashbacks. It was scary enough the first time. I also don't want to freak my sisters out, especially Dani.

I turn to look at Dani but as I do I'm met with her eyes looking at me. I jump a little, startled.

"I thought you were asleep," I whisper.

"I feel so guilty," she whispers back. I hug her tight.

"You don't ever need to. Knowing what had happened, if I had the chance to go back and make my decision again, I'd make the same one," I tell her.

"But..." she sighs.

"You're my sister and I will always protect you and put you before me."

Dani then puts her head on my chest and silently lays there. I know she's crying, I can feel her teardrops going through my shirt but I don't mind. I smooth her hair back and start to sing softly to her.

Lisa's POV

I wake up to hear soft singing coming from the hospital bed. I also can hear sniffling. I realize that Bella is trying to comfort Dani and a smile forms on my lips.

I'm one hundred percent sure Bella's hurting right now but instead she's helping Dani. She truly has learned how to be an amazing sister. She may have come from a broken home with no siblings but she definitely raised herself right. She has good values and a stable head on her shoulders.

I hear the singing stop and know that Dani is asleep, for which I am thankful for.

I wait a few minutes before getting up. I walk over to Bella and her eyes open and face me.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry Lise," she whispers.

"Your singing was beautiful, don't be sorry," I whisper back.

"Okay," she says and smiles at me.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I ask.

"Just haven't had the chance yet," she tells me but something about her tone makes me feel like she's lying. I shrug it off.

"Okay, well have a good sleep Bella," I say.

"You too Lisa," she responds.

I weave around Dani to give her a hug while I whisper, "You're going to be okay Belle." She hugs me a little tighter when I say that.

We let go and I go back to the couch and fall asleep hoping Bella sleeps too.

I open my eyes the following morning to see no one in the room. I freak out and run to the bathroom but there's no one there either.

"This isn't funny guys," I yell but no response. I run out into the hall and go up to a nurse.

"Have you seen my sisters?" I ask hurriedly. She shakes her head.

"Sorry hunny but I haven't. You might want to get dressed though," she says and I realize I have my footie pajamas on. Oops.

"Morning sleepyhead," I hear someone yell. I look up to see Dani.

"Nice outfit," Christina says with a smirk.

"Shut up ugly," I say and we all laugh while returning to the room. My sisters brought breakfast.

We hungrily devour our muffins and juice and then I change into something other than my onesie. The doctor gets Christina to go outside to sign the discharge papers and we cheer.

Christina motions to me to come and so we all run out of the room, grabbing our bags.

"Leggo," Dani yells and someone shushes us.

"Oops," Dani whispers as we walk to the car. Christina opts to drive and I get in the passenger seat. Dani and Bella hop in the back. I blast the radio and we sing along to Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato.

The moment our car pulls into the driveway, Kath, Lauren, and Amy run out. Bella jumps out and they pull her into a hug. She hugs them back and I grin and join in.

"It's good to be home," Bella says and I agree. Maybe things will go smoothly from now on with nothing bad happening.