Chapter 1

Bella's POV

It has been over half a month since my sisters sang to me and arranged for me to skype Jake.

Ever since that day, I've been slowly getting better. I don't feel near as sad all the time and I started sleeping all night in my own bunk almost every night. Sure, I still have my moments but really, who doesn't?

Right now, I just woke up a few minutes ago and I grab my notebook. I now use my thoughts and create songs. I write down ideas frantically as they come and go so fast.

No one else is in here which means Katherine, Christina, and Amy are downstairs eating breakfast. I've grown to enjoy alone time because it's rare to actually get some in a house full of people.

Suddenly I hear someone on the bunk ladder and I turn around, I never heard the door open. I see Christina's face and she gives me a smile, I return it.

"Morning," she says.

"Good morning."

"Writing another song?"

"Yep, of course," I tell her.

"Mom told me to come and get you because her and Dad have an announcement to make," she says and I look at her questioningly. Usually her and Mike knows stuff before the rest of us.

This time though, she shrugs her shoulders, "I know nothing more than you," she tells me honestly.

I shove my notebook underneath my pillow and go down the ladder. I grab a tshirt and shorts and throw them on then walk downstairs with Christina. When we get to the living room, I see everyone's waiting.

"Finally!!!" Dani says.

"Dani! Don't be rude!" Christina scolds.

"I was just saying," Dani says. I sit down next to Amy and Lisa on the couch and we all turn our attention to Mom and Dad.

"So as you've all heard we have an announcement," Dad starts.

"There's just a little over one week left of summer before most of you start homeschool again and so we thought we'd end it with a vacation," Mom says.

The living room turns into an uproar. The younger boys start bouncing and there's shouts of happiness. Lisa, Amy and I grin at each other.

"You guys haven't even heard where we're going," Mom laughs.

"WHERE?!" Dani shouts and we laugh at her enthusiasm.

"New York City!"

The living room is now chaos as everyone is grinning and screaming from excitement.

"This is going to be so much fun!" I tell the two sitting next to me.

"Yes! Oh my gosh I'm so excited!" Amy says.

"Me too!! Ahh the shopping and the people and EVERYTHING!!" Lisa exclaims.

"Hey!" Dad shouts to get our attention, we turn to face him, "We leave tomorrow so today is to be spent getting what you need to bring and packing it. If you have questions ask either us or each other. We'll be there for a week."

"Before you ask about room arrangements here it is: All the boys will share one room. The girls get two and they stay with their sisters they share a room with at home. There'll be 2 beds per room so you guys can choose who you're going to share with. Well, guess it's time to start getting ready!" she finishes and us girls run upstairs and meet in my room.

"I can't believe it, we're going to New York City!!" Lauren says.

"This is going to be so so great," Amy says. We all nod grinning.