Huh, older sal x young reader

Gin here, this is not going to be a pedophile story. It's.....a father daughter sorta thing. Not really, cuz they aren't related. But you get the point

You stared out of the window of the orphanage, rain painted the window in streaks of water. Today had been a boring day. You woke up, ate, then you just sat down on your bed and youve been there ever since.

A loud voice came from downstairs, "ATTENTION!! MAY I HAVE ALL KIDS COME DOWNSTAIRS FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!" You heard doors open and rushing footsteps go down the stairs. You slowly picked yourself up and opened the door. You walked down with the crowd and got into your usual line. Ms. Lopa stared at you all and smiled gently. "hello children, I know you all must want to know what the announcement is" she spoke, half the kids groaned. She chuckled and continue on, "I'm sure many of you know about the Sally Face Murderer". You perked up, along with two other people. "the judge has agreed to give Mr. Sal a chance to prove he's innocent, by sending a visitor to his cell. The person stays with him for a week and then tells the judge what happened. And they decided that the best way to see if he's stable, is to send in a kid. Now I know it sounds scary but you will be very very sa-" she paused and looked at your hand, raised proudly in the air.

"ill do it" you say, many kids turning to you with wide eyes. Ms. Lopa chuckles and speaks, "I always knew you were a brave one. You must pack clothing for a week, and any other things you might need. The police officers will pick you up in the next week". You nod

"you may go back to your rooms now" she says, turning to walk to her office. A group forms around you and many questions are asked: "are you gonna die?", "why did you raise your hand?","how come you get to hang out with a murderer?!". You pushed through the crowd and walked into your room. You started to pack, like Ms. Lopa had told you. After packing clothes, you threw in a sketch book, pencil pouch, your recorder, and a camera. You decided to leave the things that were necessary out, until the morning you had to leave. That includes: Brush, toothbrush, blanket, and Lilly. Lilly was given to you by your mother before she disappeared. She is a sock monkey type of stuffed animal, except she was a red fox.

Yes, sleeping with a stuffed animal is "a baby thing" and you are 11. But you didn't care, you loved her and she always seemed to calm you down

You set your bag next to your bed and walked over to the calendar. You circled the date you were going to be leaving and smiled gently. You then whispered, "Mr. Sal... Can't wait to meet ya"

-Gin