12. Hospital

Week 25, Month 5

Peso's Pov

I got up with a grunt and rubbed my closed eye yawning, my stomach is bigger than expected it's around the size of atleast 20 watermelons...I'm obviously joking but it feels like it.

My stomachs the size of about 2 cauliflower, I honestly don't know much about stuff like this I'm a medic but I'm better helping people with delivering and checking up on them so we're stopping the Octopod near where I used to work because..

I gasped and shook Barnacles "Barnacles get up" I said smiling, he groaned and sat up rubbing his eye "I'm up.." he yawned and kissed my head "What time is it?" He asked pulling me to his lap, I giggled and kissed his cheek "6:32" he nodded and put his head in the crook of my neck, I chuckled and ruffled his hair "Your like a big teddy bear" I said and he responded with licking my sweet spot on my neck, I gasped "Hey!" He chuckled lowly and smiled at me and kissed me "You know what today is?" I asked and he hummed "We check up with Holly about the baby! Or...babies" he chuckled "Maybe, Maybe not".

Barnacles Pov

After loving up on Peso I went to the HQ and saw Dashie working on the computer "Morning Dashie are we still on course?" I asked going up to her, she turned her head to me "Morning and yes we'll be there in 12 minutes" she said turning her attention back to the computer and I nodded "Thanks Dashie" I sat down and pressed the button for the radio and contacted Peso "Hey Peso, We'll be there in 12 minutes best to get dressed now" he sighed and I could hear the sound of the bed squeak and grunts, after a couple seconds I heard him breathing slightly heavy "Alright Barney" I chuckled "Barney?" I sorta asked "Ya it's your new nickname" he giggled and I chuckled softly "You're adorable" before Peso could respond Dashie said "8 minutes Captain" "Alright, 8 minutes Peso" I heard him gasped slightly "Are you okay?" I asked he sighed heavily "No I just ripped my jeans.." He said in a low defeated voice I snickering trying to hold my laughs in but failed and started laughing "Hey! It's not funny!" He said probably looking like a chipmunk since he always does when he's upset "No! No! It's just the way you said it!" I said still snickering he huffed and hung up.

After about 6 minutes he was up here "Ready to g-" I started but he stopped me "I'm still upset at you" he said turning his head and crossing his arms above his belly and puffed his cheeks out, I sighed slightly and hugged him "I'm sorry for laughing I swear it was just the way you said it" he started to tear up "Those were my favorite pants.." tears started to weld up before falling down his chubby cheeks I hugged him into my chest "It's gonna be alright we can get you new ones sugarplum" I said making him flustered "W-Wah?!" He looked up at me he looked like a strawberry "What? You call me Barney I call you Sugarplum" I said chuckling at his cuteness he huffed and put his face in my chest and hugged me "I'm still upset.." he said and I hugged back "Alright" "We're here" Dashie said as she brought the Octopod up above the water.

The two of us arrived at the hospital and went inside and was immediately meet by a female reindeer who hugged Peso who hugged back "Holly! It's been so long!" He said smiling "It has too long" she look at Peso's stomach then at me "A loooong time"

Peso Pov

I laughed at what she said "Speaking of which how about we go see how many are in there" she said leading us to the ultrasound section of the hospital.

While she was setting up she asked "So how many do you guys think?" She asked Barnacles and I looked at each other before I said "Well I'm kinda hoping for one especially for my body" I said and Barnacles held my hand "I think so too, I think he'll pop if there's more" he said and I smacked his hand making him laugh and Holly giggled and pulled my shirt up "Oh wow" she said seeing my belly, I just gave her a confused look "Your shirt makes your belly look smaller" I was silent for a few moments "I'm just gonna take that as a compliment" I said looking away and the two laughed "Sorry but it's true" she said before putting the familiar liquid on my belly making me shiver but right before she put the sensor on it she gasped "I have an idea, how about I write how many and what the genders are?" She asked with stars practically in her eyes I looked over at Barnacles "I like the idea, we could tell the crew as we find out ourselves" he nodded "I do to" "Alright Barnacles then can you go out in the hall and Peso close your eyes" the two nodded and Barnacles kissed Peso's head "Seea" he said simply before trudging to the door and going out into the hall.

Barnacles Pov

The truth is I don't want to be away from Peso or the baby..or babies, I feel almost addicted to him his beautiful icy blue eyes, his chubby freckled cheeks, and his sweet motherly voice that was able to calm down anyone, even Kwazii!

The whole time of being out there I just wanted to go back in my anxiety was building up every second 'How many are we having?' 'Is it or they a boy or girl? Or boys and girls?' 'Am I ready to be a good father?' 'Is...is Peso gonna be okay?' That's the question I've been asking since the beginning since knowing

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opened and Peso and Holly coming out so I went up to them and held his hand "Alright it or they are doing great but it's best you come in every two weeks to make sure that you'll be okay, with how small you are and your jobs a bit dangerous so it's for the best, also here" she handed him vitamins and pregnancy pills "You should take these everyday" He nodded "Alright well thanks Holly" he hugged her and she hugged back "No problem here" she handed him the note and he took it "Alright we should let you get back to work see you in two weeks" he said and she nodded "It was nice to see you Peso" with that she was called to another section of the hospital.

Peso's Pov

    After we signed out we walked back toward the Octopod "We should be talking about about names" I said holding the letter struggling to not rip it open "We really should but were almost there" He said and he was right, you could see the top of the octopod and I sighed in anticipation.

We got in and Barnacles pressed the Octoalert and after everyone gathered around "Oh I'm so excited!" Dashie said as her tail wagged quickly and I giggled but then held by breath before opening the letter...

Another cliffhanger :) So how many/ what gener do you think they or them might be? I know of course but i'd like to see what you guys think.

Words: 1266