3. Figuring Things Out

Captain Barnacles Pov

    I've been thinking about thing's for a few days now and I'm still confused about stuff like how every time I think of Peso I can feel myself grow hotter and especially when he smiles at me or even when he's scared he clings onto my arm or run behind me seeking protection it's just strange I've never felt like this towards anyone else maybe I should ask someone..maybe Dashie? I sighed while walking "Are you okay Captain?" I heard behind me I turned to look at them and speak of the dog herself "Oh Dashie uh ya but..I was wondering if I can ask you something in private" I asked "Oh sure" she said leading me to her room and she closed the door "So what's wrong usually you go to Shellington for the questions" she asked confused "Well I think you know more about this kinda stuff then he does" with that said she lit up "Oh soo what is it?" she seemed to almost know what I was talking about which made me blush "Well it's about Peso and I'm not sure what's wrong but whenever were together I always feel happier and when he smiles at me my heart feels ..lighter? If that makes sense and when he hides behind me or grab's my arm when he's scared it always make me feel proud. And when i'm upset he always calms me down when no-one eles can." I named just the tip of the huge Iceberg before I heard Dashi giggle "Eh what's funny" I asked her now getting embarrassed "Nothing it's just nice for you to finally bring it up what I say you feel for Peso, Captain is..Love" she said the ending with a big smile my eye's widen with realization 'How did I not realize this before?' I asked myself "Oh.." I say "Wait have you known before I even did?" I asked her with slight panic "Ya it's pretty obvious but I don't think Peso realizes so I guess you don't have to worry much" she said and I sighed with relief.

"How do I tell him" I whisper to myself while walking to HQ when suddenly I got a call from Kwazii, he and Peso went out to get a patient he was helping home since they were better, I answered "Captain Barnacles here what's wrong" I said "Well when we brought Anglerfish back down to where he live we saw another mate stuck under a boulder and neither of us can pick it up nor when we both tried to" he said and in the background you can hear an 'Ow' come out of the creature and you can hear Peso "Don't worry your gonna be okay" he said in his soothing voice he does whenever he talks to hurt animals "Don't worry I'll be right there" I said ending the call and going to the launch bay and get into the Gub-A "Tweak open the October-Hatch!" I say putting the shield up "You got it cap" she said pulling the leaver and I left.
~Time Skip~

Peso's Pov

After the Captain got the bolder off of the Spookfish I put him in the back of the Gub-E "Thanks Captain" Kwazii said getting back in the Gub-E "Don't mention it" he said and left in the Gub-A and since Kwazii offered to drive home I was able to think about stuff but..I just ended up daydreaming about the Captain...again and I sighed shacking my head slightly "Aye what be wrong matey?" Kwazii asked me I thought for a moment 'Kwazii's a good friend I can ask him' "Uhm well you see.. I don't know why but I always have a weird feeling in my stomach whenever the Captain looks at me or compliments me and whenever I feel scared I got to him for protection without thinking and--" but before I could finish my sentence Kwazii interrupted me with a whole hearted laugh and now I feel super embarrassed with my face completely flustered I asked "W-What's so f-funny!?" "Nothin matey' just what ye describing is what we call love!" he said smiling "I..." I thought for a few minutes about this "Flappity Flippers you're right!" I said wide eyed and he gave a low chuckle "We all kinda knew matey'" I blushed looking away then I thought 'Wait..DOES BARNACLES KNOW!?" I realized that I said that out loud and Kwazii sighed rolling his eye's "Na he's a little thick headed when it comes to that" I sighed then chuckled at what he said "When ye gonna tell him?" he asked me "I-I'm not quite sure" I said looking away "Well you'll think of something" he said and got back to driving but the only thing I could think of how I could tell the Captain about my feeling for him until we got to the Octopod and Dashie got my mind off of it with us just chatting but it was a little weird because she was asking what my favorite flowers which are Water Hyacinth (picture below)

DOES BARNACLES KNOW!?" I realized that I said that out loud and Kwazii sighed rolling his eye's "Na he's a little thick headed when it comes to that" I sighed then chuckled at what he said "When ye gonna tell him?" he asked me "I-I'm not quite sur...

and what are my favorite chocolate which is white chocolate and more but I just shruged it off and talked with her till I got sleepy and went to bed slightly happy.

Words: 888