Part Thirteen

Not really an important chapter...

i was just in the mood for a little death.

_________

For Dee; VonCreep666*

When I finally got into the house I suddenly remembered that I had an assignment to take care of.

I looked at the time on the microwave.

10:20.

The death was taking place at 10:50.

I had just enough time to get a cup of coffee and shower.

I made my way to the bathroom, pulling of my sweatshirt in the process.

I leaned over the bath tub and turned the facet on and cranked the heat. I prefer the water scorching my skin. Relaxing my muscles. Steam flowing in every direction.

Breathing in deeply I tried to clear my head. I tried to get my head into the mindset that could deal with a death. Tried to get back into the mindset that the old me was in almost one hundred percent of the time.

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist and rubbing a clear spot into the mirror so that I could see.

My hair was going every which way, each crevice of my body was bouncing with light reflected from my still damp skin.

I was beginning to get used to this new me. I no longer was shocked every time I looked in the mirror to find a bare back where my wings should be.

Pursing my lips together I ran my fingers through my hair and exited the bathroom.

Rummaging through my closet I pulled out a pair of dark jeans and a black sweatshirt.

Pulling the hood on to my head I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a cup filling it with the delicious bitterness that continually gave me the energy I needed to get through my day.

I checked the clock again, I read 10:40.

I left the cup on the corner of the sink and clomped over to the door.

To be honest I was a little agitated. This wasn't something I wanted to do at the moment.

I sighed heavily as I made my way to the bus.

I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and stuffed the head phones into my ears just as the bus arrived.

Here we go.

I walked down the long hall way. My shoes squeaking with each step.

The hall was plain. So plain is was almost eerie. A light about ten paces down with flickering just like you would see in some horror flick.

I walked close to the wall, letting my finger trail along the wall as I went.

103

104

105

Ah. 106.

I stopped on the outside of the door, looking in.

Inside the room was almost as plane as the hallway.

It consisted of only one window. In the middle of the room there was a bed. And in the middle on the bed there was a man.

Name: Charles Yern

Age: 83

Family: None

I walked into the room and his head turned toward mine.

He started laughing. It was quiet at first slowly becoming louder. It was a raspy high pitched laugh that quickly reminded me that I was in an insane asylum.

His laugh died down, "I know who you are."

He coughed, a horrid sound.

I raised my eye brow at him, "Do you?"

He smiled a toothy grin, revealing his yellow rotten teeth.

"Yes. Your the grim reaper." He began laughing again and I waited.

His laugh quickly turned into another retched cough. "I suppose you could call me that."

His face turned serious, looking me dead in the eyes. "Do you know why I'm in this place?"

I shook my head. I was, to be honest, rather interested as to why this man was here.

He continued, "I gutted her." He began to laugh once again. "I gutted her, chopped her into small bite size pieces and ate her for dinner." He was laughing so hard at this point that his face was turning red.

"They say that I don't need to go to no jail. They say I'm sick in the head." He said poking his temple.

His face fell into a frown, "I can still taste her blood on my tongue."

A small trickle of blood was beginning to drip from his nose.

I walked up closer to him. Stopping at his bed side.

Faster then I could register his hand reached out and clutched the front of my jacket and pulled my face down to his.

"You'll never be able to save her."

I looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"This girl you love. She is going to die and there is not a single thing you can do about it." His face turned up into a twisted smile and the laughter started again.

He was thrown into another coughing fit, this one much worse than the others.

His face was turning a different shade of red with every second that ticked by.

Soon blood splattered from his lips. Just a small portion at first but soon there was more.

The front of his hospital gown was soon covered and soaked.

He continued to laugh, coughing and spurting blood in between.

He coughed on last time, this one a wet gurgle and fell onto his back. His face white.

I leaned down to his face. Glad to have him quiet.

"Your wrong."

________

yeah..

um I really don't know why the song is the one I chose,

one I like the song.

two because I can picture this echoing down the hallway of the insane asylum he's in or while the old guy is laughing.

maybe just me. whatever.

vote.