Part Twelve

Nothing to say today...

Enjoy (:

_____________

'& Of course for my inspiration; Dee x]

I'm cold.

But not all of me, just my back.

The front of me is surprisingly warm.

My eyes are closed.

I squeeze them together tighter.

I feel good, refreshed.

My arms are around something.

I take a deep breath, my nose filling with a sweet smell, that is so familiar but I cannot manage to place what it is.

When I finally opening my eyes, sun light floods in causing me to immediately close them again.

Am I outside?

I try again. This time slowly opening my eyes and letting them adjust to the light.

My eyes open wide when I realize what, or rather who is in front of me.

Amber is sleeping soundly in my arms. Her chest rising and falling slow and even. Her eyes dance behind the lids showing me that she is dreaming. Her soft mouth slightly parted. A face of peace.

Her face turns to the side. Her neck stretching out revealing a small tattoo behind her ear.

I look closer. It was a small black wing. Almost like the ones I bare upon my back.

My eye brows pulled together. I wondered if this was symbolic for something.

What ever it was I would have to worry about it later because my mind wasn't coherent enough to think about anything but that fact that her small warm body was curled tightly against mine.

I smiled to myself and pulled her tighter against me placing my forehead against the back of her neck. Enjoying the warmth against my face.

I took another breath, committing her sweet smell to memory.

It filled my nostrils, intoxicating my mind.

Will she always have this affect on me?

"Nice night."

I jumped, startled as a voice behind me spoke.

She started to move, now awake. Damn.

I whispered loudly, "Damn it Mike you couldn't have waited until later?"

He laughed, "And miss spoiling your fun. Now Dee, I think you know me better than that."

"Dee?" I heard a sweet slightly groggy voice call out my name.

I quickly mouthed for Mike to leave and turned my face toward her smiling.

Her eyes were blinking, trying to register what was happening.

"Hey." I spoke quietly.

She smiled, "Hi." Turning around in my arms.

I leaned down and brushed my nose against hers.

"Who was that?" She asked, her voice still tired.

"Who?"

"That man that you were just talking to." Her eyes opening completely now, looking up at me.

"Oh, that was Mike. He's the man that owns the cemetery." I said matter of factually.

Her eyes grew wide, "Holy shit, what time is it?" Her voice was panicked now, she shuffled around trying to get up.