Part Eleven

Next part :)

________________

For Dee :)

Her eye brows pulled together in confusion, "Cemetery?"

"Yes, the cemetery. Are you okay with that, or are you scared?" I teased, nudging her shoulder.

After grabbing blankets for us, we made our way to her car. It seemed like the temperature had dropped another ten degrees since I was out here last.

She snorted, "Scared? Of what? Tombstones?"

I smiled slightly before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the car.

To my surprise she got into the passenger seat without complaint. I was almost certain that she was going to refuse to let me drive her car again.

I slid the key into the ignition. Within seconds the beautiful car vibrated to life. I could feel the grin rising on my face. I love this car.

I gripped the wheel tightly and pulled out of the drive way and headed in the direction of the cemetery.

"I really don't see what we are doing here. It's closed, how are we even going to get in?" She asked when we arrived at the cemetery.

Although she acted confident the entire ride over, I could still see the nervousness in her eyes.

Humans tended to avoid cemeteries at night time. Something about them comes off as scary.

To me it's probably the most calming place I've ever been in.

It's quiet and peaceful. I'm around death so much that it almost feels like another home. Almost like the rotting corpses 6 feet below are just a part of me.

I must say I prefer people this way. Quiet. Dead.

They are much less troublesome.

I can look at just about every one of these tombstones and tell you exactly how that person died.

"I'm a little saddened by your lack of imagination." I teased, "Haven't you ever heard of climbing a fence?"

She gave me a worried look. I laughed and grabbed her hand pulling her towards the entrance.

It was pitch black except for the white fog escaping from our mouths.

I came to a stop when I reached a tall iron fence that stood between us and the rest of the cemetery.

I smiled up at it, questioning its authority and dominance over me.

I then took a look at her.

Her eyes were transfixed on the tall iron giant standing before her.

"Amber?" I whispered, trying to break her trance.

She immediately tore her eyes away and set them upon me, "Dee, I can't climb this." She said quietly.

I frowned, "Yes you can. I'll help you, it'll be fine."

She took a deep breath looking at the fence again.

"Why are we here? Kind of a weird place for a date, don't you think?" She said gesturing her hand towards the graveyard.

I thought about this for a moment. Why had I brought her here?

The answer was easy.

"I brought you here because this place is a part of me." I said and she gave me a questioning look. "I know you don't understand but I still felt like I needed to bring you here. I felt like I needed to make you part of my world." I smiled slightly looking down at her small body.