Chapter 3

Ouch! Ugh I hurt everywhere. I go look in the mirror and I have bruises everywhere! I don't even care how hot it is I have to cover all these bruises. I can't have no one finding out what happen to me. Sweat shirt, jogging pants, high top Adidas, and pull my hair in my face with shades on, sounds good to me. That's my outfit for the day. I hopped in my car and drove off. I sat in class everyone was pointing and staring at me, what the hell is the problem I'm thinking. Kayden passed a note to me stating....

U good?

Reply: Yea I'm fine

You don't look like it. Anywho we have to start our project. When you wanna start?

Reply: We will start and it has to be at my house is that fine?

yea that's fine.

I don't have a phone, so i'll give him the information after class.

Why is class so long today? I don't care I have to go home clean and hopefully Kayden can walk to my house. Maybe Michael won't abuse me in front of him. I'll ask him after class. I hate it at home, maybe I'll seek some help. Good! Class is over. "Hey Kayden, do you wanna just go home with me so we can start right away instead of the waiting?" " Yeah I don't see that being a problem." "Meet me at my truck after school, as I walked to my next class. School ended and I waited for Kayden meet me at the truck. finally! He came, thank God. We hopped in my car, I told him that i'd give him a few dollars to catch the bus or a cab. He was fine with that. I warned him my house is a mess except for my room. Michael came to the door and put on a fake smile. "You must be my daughter's partner for this project.

Hey baby girl how's daddy baby doing?" I looked at him, nodded and put my head down. "Yes sir I'm her partner." They shook hands and we scurried off to my room. "So let's get down to business. Open up the book to page 46...." he rudely cut me off by pulling my glasses off. I turned my head. "You're beautiful why are you hiding and what happen to...." I put my hand on his mouth and I told him not to speak so loudly. " What happen to you?" he whispered. I pointed to the door. I didn't tell him the full story because we just met. We finished more than half of our project and it was getting late so I offered him some money to take a cab and he declined . Thank you God for making sure Michael was on his best behavior, and making sure he was sleep, maybe I can finally get some sleep for the first time. I'm tired of his mess. Hot shower, washed hair, peace. Off to sleep but before I sleep I must pray.

God please take me out of this situation. I'm not a bad person. I'm doing everything right. Thank you for waking me up everyday. Thank you for all that you've done for me. In your son's name, I pray. Amen.