you are my sunshine

Something small I wanted to get off of my chest after browsing Pinterest xD

-----------------------------------------------

The scene is horrific. Thrown over cars, fires started with gasoline, people screaming at the top of their lungs, trying to get mercy from their attackers. During all that time, Moana had found a safe place for her and her boyfriend to rest, and have their final moment together in peace.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping." Moana's voice cracks as she caresses Maui's face gently, trying not to hurt him more then he was already hurting from the gaping bullet wound in his stomach.

"I dreamed I had you in my arms." Tears had started falling over her round cheeks, already knowing this was going to be the last time she'd see him alive.

"When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so I bowed my head and I cried." Maui's hand went up to catch the falling tears from his girlfriends face. 

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." His weak voice croaked out. "You make me happy, when skies are gray."

"You'll never know, dear-" Moana hiccuped as she noticed her boyfriend's breathing get shallow.

"How much I love you.." Maui had interjected. "Please don't take my sunshine away..."

"I've always loved you, and made you happy, and nothing else could come between." The young woman had stopped caressing his face and had lead her hands to grab his big one, which was still on her cheek.

"But now you've left me, to love another..."

"I would never love another." Moana whispered the heavy promise to her dying boyfriend, who smiled in return. "I know you won't, but I want you to." Maui's voice couldn't go higher then a rasping whisper. "Now please continuo that song. You know how much I love hearing you sing it." Moana smiled through her tears, and picked up at the last sentence.

"You have shattered all of my dreams."  The strength in Maui's arm was slacking, indicating that time was running low.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." Maui's eyes started to droop close, a pained smile on his face.

"You make me happy, when skies are gray." A pair of gunshots were heard close to their hiding spot.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you." Maui's eyes open a slight bit as he sings this part, to be able to catch a glance of his wonderful girlfriend.

"Please don't take my sunshine away..." She ended in a whisper, but it was clear that the last sentence he had said, was with his very last breath.

A third gunshot was heard, and Moana's world turned as black as that of Maui.