soul switch

I sort of had this idea of a book here on wattpad named soulmate switch.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Today was the day. Moana would switch with the body of her soulmate to find out who he was. To say that she was nervous was an understatement.

Right now, she was making sure everything was standing into place, so the boy who would be in her body at 00:00 midnight would not freak out by all the mess everywhere.

It was 8 p.m and Moana was done orginizing. She fell down on her bed and sighed. She could not wait another 4 hours, she would probably die.

Tomorrow would be the first of january, the day every 18 year old would switch bodies, of course, if your soulmate was 18 too.

She groaned into her pillow. What if her soulmate wasn't 18 yet and she was worrying for nothing?

She decided to go downstairs and eat with her parents for New years eve.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Maui let himself fall on the bed. Having to work from 10 a.m to 10 p.m on new years eve was very tiring.

He sighed when he felt the soft covers touch his back. Sleeping would be welcome for him right now, because he wouldn't switch with a soulmate anyway, he already gave up on that thought.

Maui was already 25 years old, moved from Hawaii to England and tried to find his way through life.

He was devastated when he didn't switch with his soulmate that night and the year after that and after that and after that....

Eventually he just gave up and drowned himself in fisher work and teaching people how to sail. So now he just lives day in and day out.

It was 11 p.m by now and he was just ready with his daily workout. He stretched and unclothed himself to his boxers and got under the covers, not even considering partying for new year. He snuggled in his pillow and fell asleep.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Moana glanced at the clock in the kitchen. It read 10:37 p.m. She sighed and walked to the living room. She looked stressed and fumbled with her fingers while sitting with her mother and father.

Clearly seeing her distress, her mother, Sina, grabbed her hand. "Moana, from the moment you switch, we will tell everything to your soulmate and you'll be alright too, don't worry." Her mother reasured her. The girl sighed and tried to set it aside while enjoying new years eve. She still had the urge to look at the clock now and then. This time was the 5th time in 28 minutes that she was looking and saw it was 11:05 p.m. She sighed deeply and grunted. Can time go any slower?

Tui eyed his daughter and smiled, remembering his nervousness on his faithfull day.

"Maybe it is best if you go to your room and try to sleep. Okay?" Moana nodded and slowely got up stairs, letting herself fall on her bed after closing her bedroomdoor. She was contenplaiting on changing into her pj's or not and eventually did so.

Getting back in her bed she checked her phone and looked at the time.

11:31 p.m.

She let go of a shaky breath and turned around again.

It stayed like that for the next 20 minutes and when she turned again, she decided to get out of bed and check her face and hair in her dress-mirror. It was only 9 minutes to go and her nerves were getting the best of her.

She fixed her hair for the last time and checked her face before sitting on her bed and aimesly looking at her balcony.

Her mind drifted off, wondering how her soulmate would look like. Would he be muscular, or slink? Would his hair be short, or long?