first tattoo

A/N first of all, autor notes will always happen in the beginning of every chapter, to say what sort of one-shot it is. I will also try to get the one-shots to be between 500 and 1000 words. Sometimes I will update the chapters with art I made myself or of art from others that I am allowed to use.

This one-shot is a modern AU where Maui is a tattoo artist and Moana is getting her first tattoo.

___-----______-----_______--

Nervous feet could be heard tapping on the ground of the tattoo shop.

The girl whom the feet belonged to, nervously looked trough the book of the tattoo shop while a much calmer man sat next to her, giving his opinion on certain tattoos his daughter liked.

"What about this one?" The girl asked her father while he raised an eyebrow.

"Moana, are you sure you want to go for a tattoo on your upper leg? All these designs don't really suit you." He stated, making his daughter to get a more uncertain look then she aready had.

"But, where do I have to do it then? I always wanted to have a tattoo on my upper leg." The 18 year old almost pouted. The man in return, sighed and got the book from her. He skipped a few pages and came to the chapter for upper back tattoos.

"These are mostly better Moana, try to find something in there." Her father mentioned and moana got back to looking.

After another five minutes, she tugged on her fathers sleeve. "Dad I want that one." The young woman said while pointing at a Maori-like tattoo. The man nodded, confirming that he also liked the tattoo and stood up to get the tattoo artist.

Moana patiently waited for her father to come back and kept herself busy looking at other tattoo's while letting her feet sweep back and forth underneath the chair.

"Ya ready kid?" Came a deep voice. Moana's head snapped to the sound and she stood eye to eye with the most tattoo covered man she had ever seen. Slowely but surely, Moana stood and walked over to the man with the little tattoo book in her firm grip.

"Other people also have to use that book curly, a little less power please." Moana directly losened her grip and stood infront of the three heads bigger man.

"So what do you wanna get?" The giant man asked and she shakily showed him the Maori wave tattoo with the manta ray underneath.

"Ahh something maori-like eh? You do look like someone who comes from polenysian islands." The tattoo artist stated and Moana gave him a small nod. Her grandmother Tala came from there, and that was also the reason she wanted a manta ray tattoo.

The big man contioud talking. "I also come from there if you haven't noticed." He chuckled before continiouing. "I was a tattoo artist there too, so I'm specialized in Maori tattoo's." That comment calmed Moana a bit, knowing that she was in good hands.

Her father coughed to get their attention. "Well, do I have to stay for this, or can I go and come back when it's over?" The artist looked from the father to the daughter and saw Moanas unsure gaze.

"Maybe it's best if you stay mr. Waialiki. Your daughter looks like she needs someone familiar by her side for this." Tui looked at his daughter and smiled with simpathy.

"Of course." He stated and grabbed his daughters hand. "I'll stay by your side Moana, don't worry."

The tattooed man smiled warmly at the two and gestured them to go to his so called 'Demi-God cave'.

"Make yourself comfortable." He pauzes for a while unsure what to say. "You have to take your shirt off for this though." Moana got uncomfortable but understood the meaning why.

She slowely took off her shirt while they politely turned around and sat backwards down on the chair.

Her father sits next to her and holds her hand and just seconds later,Moana feels something wet on her back and flinches, only to hear a deep chuckle.

"You are lucky that wasn't the needle yet, or I would have made the biggest mistake of my life." That remark made the woman say a muffled sorry and tried to stay still for the rest of the time.

From the moment the needle touches her skin she grabbed her fathers hand and pinched it, causing the man to yelp for a second before he composed himself.

Moana heavily breathed in and out to control herself from running away from the pain that damn needle was causing her, while her father kept making small circles on her hands to keep her from feeling the pain.

Three hours later, the detailed and small tattoo was done. Moana let out a very big sigh. The man who she now knew as Maui covered her tattooed skin to let it heal before getting her shirt back on and stood up.

After thanking and paying Maui, Moana and her father got back home and she never regretted getting that tattoo.