Can't promise

~~S H A P E  O F  M E~~
I smoked weed, it was bad but I didn't get high. Actually I lied. The only reason I didn't get high was because of the fact that I spent most of my time wheezing and coughing after only one puff. He did not let me smoke any more of it after that.

"Babe are you sure you okay?" Malik asked as he handed me a glass of water then rubbed my back in slow circles. I sat, gasping for air with him on the bed while his arm was wrapped around me trying to soothe me.

"Yes." I coughed again. "Let me smoke some more."

"You ain't smoking nun' anymore." he said firmly and I thought he was sexy when he was all serious.

"Why?" I pouted at him.

"Come on baby, look at how bad you taking to it. You been coughing and all. I don't want anything happening to you please." he kissed my hair and I snuggled deeper into his arm. I loved the way he felt sturdy around me. It was like nothing could happen to me while I was with him. I felt protected. Somewhat secure.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." I mumbled into his tee-shirt and I could feel him look down at me.

"It ain't your fault. I shouldn't have given you at all."

"But I asked for it."

"I know." he slipped his fingers into mine, pulling my hand toward him. "But you so fragile and shii' that I can't even do dumb spills around you and all.

"How do you mean?" I asked, knowing I was everything but fragile.

"You be making me wanna act right whenever I'm with you." he kissed the top of my hand. "I just love you baby."

"I love you too." I smiled at him with my heart swelling with feelings that were indescribable. All I knew was I really loved him. With all my heart.

"I know you do." he grinned, holding on to me as he fell on the bed with me still in his arms.

"So why aren't you smoking your weed anymore?" I stared at Malik, taking in how gorgeous he was. Earrings really looked good on him and I thought his curls made him look even cuter. A slight breeze from the opened window carried itself in and I watched as it blew the few strands of hair off his face.

"That's because I don't want someone coughing again. Moreover, I've had enough for today." he said as I idly played with his curls.

"Oh okay." I replied and shivered slightly as the wind current turned cold.

"Are you cold?" he turned his gaze to the window open behind me and moved to close it before I could even say anything in reply.

"I didn't say I was though."

"I know you are." He lay back on the bed fitting me back into the curve of his arms. "You shivered."

"Yeah. I kind of was." I admitted.

"You know..." Oh God no. A smirk came up on his face and I knew he was out to torment me as usual. "I could get us a blanket or I could do something better and put this D in you. Trust me, you'll be sweating without stop and even be asking for a fan by the time we're done." he winked and I quickly drew away from him. He really knew how to ruin cute moments with sex talks. Sometimes I wondered if that was all he ever thought about.

"Not yet." I distanced myself a good few inches away from him and folded my arms on my chest.

"Oh come on baby. I was just teasing you."