Valograms

~~S H A P E  O F M E~~
They say 'nobody's perfect', but why do some of us have to be 'less perfect' than others? It took me long, but I finally realised that other girls weren't more perfect or closer to perfection than I was. Rather I was farther away from perfection. Beauty was really just how far away from perfection you were. It wasn't how close. The farther you were, the less attractive you were to society and the less farther away you were, the more attractive you were.

It might not make much sense, but the absurdity of my thoughts kept me occupied as I made my way to school that I was too busy to give a damn about the whispers and gossips that flew through the air.

"Is he here today?" I muttered as I got on my tiptoes in order to view past the multitude of people that had filled the hallway. I still wasn't tall enough to see as much as I wanted to, but I knew that he wasn't in school. Again.

I couldn't bear to imagine anything happening to him, but it was Wednesday—five days after he had asked me out—and I still hadn't heard a word from him apart from the sweet texts he sent during the weekend. He stopped texting after that and he hadn't shown up in school for the past two days either.

"Is he okay?" I bit my bottom lip, overthinking and worrying myself into a nervous mess. I was tempted to run into the bathroom and dial Malik's number, but then I remembered that Sherrandah had told me to meet her in the cafeteria. Obviously I couldn't choose to not meet her royal gorgeousness, so I dragged my unwilling self past my locker and into the hallways.

"Hey Sherrandah."

"Hey Tems!" She grinned at me as usual and I smiled back, uncomfortable under Yolanda's glare and Zari's stare.

"Hi Yolanda, hi Zari." I greeted both of them.

"Hi baby." Zari piped, winking at me. and I wondered if she would ever stop. Yolanda on the other hand completely ignored me and it was fine by me. I was already used to it.

"Sit, sit." Sherrandah pointed at a seat next to her.

"Okay." I said timidly.

"So, did you do what I told you to do?"

"Oh. I forgot." I scratched my head, feeling embarrassed.

"Give me your phone." She stretched her hand towards me. "At least you downloaded the app, and God yo phone is small." She commented, and I felt embarrassed a second time. Sherrandah was giving me attitude because I had forgotten to open an Instagram account like she asked me to.

This was as a result of the fact that I kept postponing it since I wasn't sure what to do and also because ignoring it gave me more time to worry about Malik. "Here. Put in a password. Anything you think other people won't easily know." She advised and the first thing that sailed through my head was Malik.

"Oh okay." I nodded and put in my password which was the only thing I thought of: 'Malik2000'. The added 2000 was only to make the password longer as I did to all my other passwords.

"So what do you want your username to be?" She asked, and my brain froze with absolutely no ideas. "How about Temsbaby5 or Temisexy or ThickTems1?" She suggested and I wrinkled my nose at the last two usernames. Temisexy? I could as well call myself a.stupid.joke5

"I think Temsbaby5 sounds better." and it did in my opinion. It had a ring to it that I liked.

"Hmm, okay. Remember you can change it any time you like." Sherrandah said, then turned to Zari and Yolanda. "Y'all follow Temsbaby5 right now."