Lose what?

~~S H A P E  O F M E~~
"The first rule to getting over a man is:" she drew in a dramatic breath. "Make him regret dumping you."

"He didn't really dump..."

"Shhh. Listen to the teaching. As I was saying, you gotta make his ass regret dumping you."

I nodded slowly as she dragged her contour brush across the bridge of my nose and my cheeks. "But how?"

"Now my dear child, that is what we'll be learning today." She tapped the brush on the tip of my nose, making me have an urge to suddenly sneeze. "Since I already did my makeup and I'm ready, all we have to do is pick out your outfit."

"What is wrong with my outfit." I glanced at my plain tee shirt and baggy jean trousers.

"Rule number two: don't dress like your grandma."

I rolled my eyes hard at this one as both my grandmas were dead and while they was alive, all they wore were wrappers. "If only you knew." I muttered. "So what will rule number three be then?" I asked loudly.

"You'll know when it's time." She really enjoyed treating me like I was a child. "Check out these ripped jeans."

"Ripped jeans?" My eyes widened in awe of the trousers in front of me. I had been dreaming about wearing one for the longest time. Now this was the time.

Sherrandah caught me staring at the jeans for a time too long and mistook my awe for skepticism. "No worries. I ain't ever worn this jean before. I have many clothes that I've never worn 'cos my mum doesn't even know the size of clothes I wear." I thought there was a sad note in her last sentence and although it didn't make much sense, I sort of felt bad for her.

It was hard to imagine my life without Mami caring. She knew everything about me–except for my romantic history obviously–and she was a source of strength and encouragement to me. I couldn't bear to think about living without her love, and something told me that there was so much more Sherrandah's mum didn't care about. Her trouser size was just one of them.

"Anyway. I think it will look good on you. It's like too short and almost two sizes too big for me, but you got large hips so I think it'll fit you."

"Thanks." I smiled a bit forcefully at her. Her calling my hips large didn't really sit right with me, but at least it was better than calling them broad or wide like other people did.

"Do a twirl for me." Sherrandah clapped her hands excitedly as I came out of the bathroom with the trousers on. "Goddamn!" She gave a wolf whistle as I did a modest twirl. "Them jeans were made for you sis." She added and I stared at myself, wondering if I really looked that good.

"Yeah..."

"You don't like it?" She was suddenly in my face, breaking the universal law of 'private space'.

"It's not that. I just think my thighs look too thick." And they actually did. At least in my eyes. Big chunks of flesh that seemed swollen pushed up from in between the rips. Now I was beginning to doubt if ripped jeans were really all people hyped them to be.

"Nah. It looks good on you. You gonna wow the world and show that Malik of a guy that you can do without him." She grinned and I thought she seemed a little too happy about the whole issue.

"Yeah I hope so." I whispered as she suddenly started painting my lips with a nude lipstick. "Are we done now?" I asked already getting tired of the whole makeup process.