Dinner date

~~S H A P E O F M E~~
Malik loves Jollof rice, and I knew because he was eating right beside me. This might not at all sound bad until you take in the fact that Mami was watching us–like a hawk–with a scowl on her face, while Tunde and Titi tried hard to be both funny and cool at the same time. It's not working by the way.

I wished I could get Malik and I out of this jungle made of savage beast aka my family, without anyone noticing us. Being a magician with disappearing skills didn't seem like such a bad idea in this situation.

The first question you may be asking is how did we get to this? The answer as always is Mami. She was the one who cooked up this stupid idea and she made sure to serve it on my plate so hot that it was searing me like a naked flame.

She knew.

She knew how uncomfortable I would be, but still ordered me to invite Malik home for dinner. Now, she sat–not eating the rice in her plate nor drinking the plain orange juice in her glass cup–viewing Malik and I like we were animated characters that had suddenly come to life.

I turned my attention to Malik who was still gobbling down the food he had left greedily. He seemed really hungry and I could understand most of the struggle for him. He had lost some weight since his grandma–Miss Willows, travelled to Jamaica. When I could, I baked lots of cookies, meatpies and all I could conjure in the oven without burning the house down to keep him less hungry but apparently it wasn't enough.

"Slow down." I leaned towards him to whisper and then straightened back in my seat as I realised the mistake I had made. With the look Mami was giving me, I was sure she was preparing and calculating the hours of speech she was going to gift me today.

It wasn't my fault Malik kept attracting me to him like opposite poles of a magnet. I just couldn't stay away. Even now, all I could think of was doing something sexy to him. Something involving me and him in little or no clothes. Preferably nothing on. I could imagine him holding me, his hands tracing down my body turning me hot and cold all at once, me melting under his touch...

I wanted to imagine more, but I was at the dining table and I was already wet. I didn't want to be more aroused, that is if I could get wetter than I already was.

Mami cleared her throat and the table quieted as Tunde and Titi found it more beneficial for them to mind their plates and keep their mouths shut. "So Malik, what do you want to be in future?" Mami asked, and Malik tilted his head so that our eyes met then turned his gaze back to her.

"Well I haven't quite thought about it ma'am." He admitted with a thoughtful look on his face. I concluded he was faking it. He was so good at acting. I wondered if he was good in bed too. Shut up.

"Oh..." Mami muttered. That was a score point zero for Malik. Not knowing what you wanted to do in the future in Mami's dictionary meant not knowing what you were doing with your life which lead to the conclusion that you were either not serious or lacked focus in school.

"Yes ma'am. But I am still searching while going through many options." How about you go through me?

"Oh my God. You need to stop Tope." I berated myself as much as I could. I was really going crazy. "Get yourself together," I muttered under my breath and tried to stop thinking stupid thoughts about Malik and I. Keyword: tried.

Funny enough, over a week ago Malik had been the one pressing me to have sex with him. Now that he had stopped–which was a bit surprising–I was the one who was plaguing myself with it over and over again.