Chapter 14

King woke up to the smell of food being cooked or burnt. He was stretched out on the couch with no boxers on and his tank top. He stretched.

"Who the fuck is..." before all the words came out of his mouth, a terrible headache shot through his brain. It was than a hangover headache. It was like someone was banging pots inside his head. He rubbed his forehead with the palm of his hand to calm the pain down.

The aroma of bacon a little too crispy sizzling in a pot hits his nose again. His headache increased an extra wattage as he got up and staggered to the kitchen.

He heard the smoke alarm detector go off before a rush of smoke blinded his vision and stung his eyes. He waved the smoke out of his way. The smoke alarm was adding another massive dosage to the headache he already was having.

He managed to feel for the smoke detector above the kitchen door blindly and pressed the reset button several times before the noise subsided and came to an end.

When the smoke clear, he adjusted his yes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" King said with a mixture of grogginess and irritation.

Mistake was over the stove smiling as bacon grease keep popping out of the pot making a terrible smacking sound. Mistake also had another pot with eggs in it that looked runny with egg shells clumped in the yolk. King figured Mistake have had already finishing murdering the sausage bites since they were sitting on a plate with a paper towel over it burnet to a crisp.

"I'm making you breakfast, silly," Mistake smiled. 'You had a very rough night last night and it showed. Believe me, it showed."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" King said rubbing his head again with the palm of his hand. "Anyway, it doesn't matter. I want you out of here. What you were trying to do? Burn me out of house and home?"

"House and home are the same thing," Mistake laughed.

"Not with you around," King said. "Just get out. An step away from the stove before you kill us both."

Mistake stepped back from the stove. "I was just trying to help. You were so stressed out last night.. I figure this would cheer you up."

"By having me die in my sleep from carbon monoxide poison," King replied. "I don't care. I just need you out of here."

Mistake just looked at King.

"Damn, I need an aspirin," King said rubbing his head harder.

"You don't need any aspirin," Mistake assured walking close to King. "I have all you need for what ails you."

"Keep away from me," King said pushing Mistake back. "Don't touch me. I'm in this shit now because of you. Now you're trying to burn me out."

King went over to the stove to turn off the boilers. The bacon grease was still making the popping sound until it finally dead down.

"What's wrong?" Mistake asked.

"You," King replied quickly. "Now get out of here. Because of you, I may have lost someone special."

"Who? That bitch?" Mistake snickered.

"Just go," King said, his headache felt like it was in his scalp.

"You're not leaving me for her," Mistake said. "And you know I will never leave you."

"Just go!" King yelled.