Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Claudia couldn’t believe she was so ecstatic about looking at a website but she was. She really was looking forward to seeing what it was about. Angie had sent a picture of the guy that Angie’s coworker was dating and Claudia’s jaw dropped. If there were brothers fine like that on the website, she had to check it out for sure.

Claudia was giddy all day waiting to get off work. She had a silly grin on her face all day and she thought the work day would never end. When it finally hit 5 0’ clock, she practically jetted out the office.

Angie had told her to come around 8 o’clock and Claudia agreed. She actually was getting dressed up like she was going on a real date when all she was doing was looking at a website but she didn’t care. She might find someone that night to hook up with. Claudia was a person that always thought ahead.

Angie answered her front door in flip flops and pajamas and was wondering why Claudia came to her door looking like they were going clubbing. Claudia saw the head scarf wrapped around Angie’s head and laughed.

“Sorry, Miss Superstar,” Angie laughed as Claudia walked in. “I thought we was viewing a website not going on Miss Twerk A Lot live video stream cam.”

“Hey, I dress for whatever I do,” Claudia said. “If I’m going shopping for gorgeous men with brains, I need to make sure I have the right equipment to reel them in.”

“Uh huh,” Angie said. “Well sit your fast ass down in the living room and I’ll bring out the laptop. I’ll admit I took a sneak peak before you got here and I must say if those brothers that are on there are real, we’re going to have some fun.”

Claudia found her seat on the couch and Angie walked into her bedroom to get the laptop.

“I ordered some pizza if that’s alright?” Angie said walking out the bedroom with the laptop. “I mean you dressed like I should have took you out so I can get some.”

“Shut up, stupid,” Claudia smiled. “And let’s see the goods.”

“Ok, impatient heifer,” Angie said then sat down on the couch beside her. She placed the laptop on the coffee table in front of them and loaded up the website.

“You ready?” Angie asked with a big smile on her face.

“Yeah, this is like the Date Olympics,” Claudia joked as the website came up.

The first thing that came on the screen was the website’s name and a picture of a tall, muscular, dark skinned man with a silk scarf covering his eyes. He was shirtless showing off his perfect abs and luscious physique. The show shopped just above waist level and the name of website BROPHY appeared right under. There was a subline that read ‘Every lady deserves a Brophy.” Then there was the disclaimer information below that which Angie and Claudia didn’t bother to read before clicking ‘Enter’.

The website rolled out with a list of men, broken up by age, profession, schooling, ethnicity, race, and spoken languages. Each name came with a profile and a picture of the man in question. The site credited themselves on no false advertisement, what you see is what you get. No Photoshop, all authentic was the motto of the site. But that went for the ladies that were applying to the site. Four pictures had to be given in to register and each picture would be put in a scrambler to show it was an original not a touchup.

“Damn, they thorough,” Claudia expressed.

“Yeah, they don’t want no fat colossus bitch claiming she a bikini model trying to get one of these fine ass men,” Angie replied. “Their claim is that they give you truth, the same should be returned. The men are non-judgmental according to the site and they will agree to the date if you abide by the guidelines. But it’s up to the person and them to bond or connect or have that chemistry. All these men are looking for someone to be with and realize sometimes it’s best to put your luck out in the universe and watch and see if it comes back to you. A date is not an agreement to a relationship, it is just a meeting venture to determine a future outtake.”

“You sound like the damn website spokeswoman,” Claudia said.

“Okay, I did more than take a peek,” Angie admitted and laughed. “But you see they aren’t playing.”

“Shit, if bitches get a hold of this site, the sky is the limit,” Claudia said.

“We will have a sea of ugly bitches with fine men,” Angie added.

“Not to that extreme,” Claudia said. “But yeah, there would be an inquiry. I mean they even got some fine ass white men on this site.”

“Also if any of these guys hook up, they put a status up that says taken and are taken off the site the next day,” Angie beamed. “They have been like five brothers already taken since this morning.”

“This morning?” Claudia looked at her friend with a raised eyebrow.

“Alright, so I took more than a peek starting last night,” Angie finally admitted, truthfully.

“You, bitch,” Claudia laughed. “You such a sneaky hoe.”

“Hey, had to really know if it was true,” Angie said. “So what do you think?”

“Sounds good enough but I don’t know,” Claudia was skeptical.

“Hey, you only live once,” Angie said.

“I mean yeah, but they all be lunatics and rapists,” Claudia pondered.

“Yeah, but so can any losers you met off the street or in a club,” Angie reasoned. “I mean think about what do you really got to lose. The meeting will be in a public stature of your choosing. Damn I do sound like the website.”

Claudia laughed again.

“Okay, let’s see,” Claudia said. “Wait, I don’t have pictures on here to register.”

“Girl, you’re a selfie whore,” Angie joked again. “You got tons you downloaded from this computer alone. We can find four easily. I already did mines.”

Claudia shook her head.

“Sue me,” Angie smiled. “I’m fast. Shit, I’m trying to find me a good man. I’m tired of waiting and dating losers. My coochie needs conversation for it to get wet now.”

“You too much,” Claudia said. “Okay, let’s get my pictures and register me. Did you set up any dates yet?”

“No, I was waiting for you,” Angie said then opened the Picture folder on her laptop.