Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Calm down, jumpy," Angie was saying as Claudia kept standing up looking around for Lance.

"Your man just said he was here," Claudia said still eyeing the crowd.

"First of all, he isn't my man," Angie clarified. "Second of all..."

"Shhhh! Shhhh!" Claudia waved her hand dismissively at her.

Angie shook her head and continued sipping on her margarita. Claudia was a lost cause.

"Hey, sweetheart," Claudia heard someone say behind her.

She turned around with the hugest smile thinking it was Lowry but the smile quickly faded.

Her face almost screwed when she saw it was just some dude trying to get her attention.

He was dressed nice but he wasn't no Lowry and Claudia's facial expression told him as much.

"Damn, ma, I was just seeing if you wanted to dance," the guy said putting his hands up indicating he didn't mean any harm.

"Sorry but I'm waiting for someone," Claudia quickly informed.

The guy nodded. "I hope he doesn't have a beautiful lady like you waiting long."

The guy left and Claudia sat back down in her seat.

"Where the fuck is he?" Claudia asked.

"If King says he's here, he's here," Angie stated. "So stop stressing. The nigga  in here. Trust me, it won't be hard to miss you looking like a porno super villain."

"Shut up, Ang," Claudia laughed.

Claudia scanned the crown again with her eyes. She did spot some creepy dude with glasses that looked way too big and bulky for his face staring in her direction. He seemed like a person that looked out of place in that environment that's what made Claudia pay attention to him. He was looking right at her from across the room like he knew her. It was weird. Claudia was getting uncomfortable under his stares. She swiftly turned her head and looked at Angie.

"Ugghhh!" Claudia expressed. "I forgot how lame these dudes are in these clubs."

"How can you forget that?" Angie asked. "We was just in a club two weeks ago talking about the same lame motherfuckers that are now converting to this junction."

"I tell you one thing, none of these dudes are Brophy material," Claudia admitted.

"Nah, there some cuties in here," Angie defended. "Not all of them look like bums. I mean the guy that stepped to you wasn't that bad looking."

"He was high yellow," Claudia pointed out.

"So, he had nice hair and a pretty smile," Angie informed. "You just being a spoiled brat because you got a horse and carriage ride. Well, you ain't Cinderella and he's not Mason Betha. It was one date and you sprung. That's your problem. You get hung up on things too fast."

"Bitch, please," Claudia said and laughed. "You are one to talk."

"I know what to expect from motherfuckers," Angie stated. "It's simple. All they want is booty. But if you do get a decent guy that wants the booty and also the female attached, that's a plus. I don't make false assumption about men and make them out to be something they are not. Sure I want that love thing those romance books, movies and Tyler Perry's plays be about but until I find it, I'm enjoying what life brings me."

"You seem happy with King," Claudia said.

"Yeah, but then you always happy in the beginning," Angie sighed then took another sip of her margarita.