Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Claudia and Lance

“Ugghhh,” Claudia sighed at her outfit.

She couldn’t believe she was so nervous about a date. She had been on hundreds but not one she actually selected. It was always the guy talking to her and asking to go out. She was in a whole new element. And after hearing about Angie’s date and how fine and well-mannered he was, Claudia couldn’t wait for her date.

Claudia recalled her whole conversation with Angie the next day after Angie’s date. Angie was ecstatic and couldn’t wait to give the details.

“First of all,” Angie started off saying. “Bitches were already on his dick as soon as I came in the building. I mean I can see why. The brother was fine with a capitol F. Muscles I can even a do a sit up. I wanted to wrap my legs around his waist the moment I saw this dude. He looked so smooth and of course that bitch hostess was checking him. But when I stepped in the room, all eyes were on me and so was his and he knew the deal. He had got with a real winner. I came in making all those hoes hate. They had two good reasons though. One I’m the shit and the second the nigga I’m with is equal in that nature so they were extra hating. But it was cool because you know I can be a lady when need be. Anyway, the waitress tried to play me and just talk to my man like I wasn’t even there but this motherfucker, whew, shit made my drawers wet, put that hoe in check hard body. I was so impressed then it was all about me again.”

“Damn, girl, breathe,” Claudia said after hearing Angie run off a mouthful.

“What can I say?” Angie said. “Boo is on point. I know you have a thing about bouncers but he’s a cool one from what I can tell. And yes it’s only the first date but I felt that connection.”

“What you guys talk about?” Claudia hoped it wasn’t the typical conversation about how much money he got or what kind of car he has or going to get. Or her own personal favorite conversation: how many orgasms he’s going to make you have.

“We had some pleasant conversation,” Angie said and it sounded like she was smiling over the phone. “It wasn’t the typical. He told me why he joined the site, what he does and what he plans on doing in the future. He was real attentive and polite. But I don’t want to tell you too much about my date until you had yours then we can compare notes.”

“You full of shit, chica,” Claudia pointed out. “I know you, hoe. You want to see whose better. You’ve seen my dude’s profile, I don’t remember yours. And no, I’m not going back on the site to look him up. But you scared he won’t put that taken sign up, aren’t you? Then you back to square one.”

“Whatever,” Angie pouted. Claudia was right. Angie really liked King off the bat so she helped she made a good impression on him.

King looked like the type that was used to attention. Angie was, too. In Angie’s mind, she knew they both were attractive people. Angie just hoped King saw her more than most men did. She would do the same. She wanted more than eye candy as well. She had that before. She been with pretty boys and those muscular thug types but they all ended up the same. Angie wanted to be the center of attention in one man’s world not in several. She was just like Claudia in a way. As wild and fast and free as Angie was, she just wanted to be loved. She took that attention and quarter love from different men but she would settle for one to give her the full spec. Claudia knew that about her friend so as much as she teased Angie, she hoped Angie would find what she was looking for.

Angie ended their conversation with regular small talk and what Claudia was going to wear and where she and her date was going to meet. Claudia had chosen Red Lobster because she loved their cheese biscuits, plus she was a seafood lover. It was reasonable so it was a sensible choice. Angie didn’t recall Lance’s profile all that much. Angie just assumed he was a square because of his first name but Claudia like the name. It sounded close to Lancelot who was an elegant knight. Lance could be her Knight in suited armor. It sounded corny to Angie but Claudia liked the analogy anyway.