Chapter 4

Lucy...

I rolled over lazily in my bed and tried to once again, fall asleep. But of course, it wasn't working. So, in complete sadness, I slid out of my comfortable sheets and drug myself into the kitchen.

After realizing that eating wasn't helping, I plopped onto the couch to watch some TV. That's when I noticed Natsu wasn't awake yet. I should've been used to being up first, but it was already noon and he wasn't up training or something. Weird... Sighing, I stood up off the couch and walked into the bedroom once again, eyeing the bed for the usual 'Natsu Hiding His Face Under The Sheets' lump. But when I saw nothing except an empty bed, I began to worry.

"Natsu?" I called, looking around. When he didn't answer I groaned and looked out the window.

Yep, there he is. Burning down tress and smashing boulders.... Typical.

After shaking my head in disappointment, I went back to watching TV. And that was when I was blessed with sleep.

Natsu...

I had been training for about two hours when I decided I needed some food. The only progress I had made was being able to not sleep-ignite (as Lucy likes to call it). Which means she is somewhat comfortable sharing a bed with me again. Walking inside, I noticed the TV was on, but Lucy was nowhere in sight.

"Lucy? Can you make me some lunch please?" I yelled, waiting for a reply. When I didn't get one, I came to the conclusion she was in the bathroom, or still asleep... or ignoring me. Either of those three were entirely possible. So, I waited... and waited... and waited. Before I finally decided that I'd have to make my own sandwich.

Another good thirty minutes passed of me eating and staring at the mess I'd made when I remembered that Lucy was not talking to me.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong last night, Lucy!" I shouted, a small grin crawling onto my face. Damn that was a fun time... Heh.

Standing, I walked into the bedroom and found nothing. The bathroom door was wide open and the light was off. No one...

Shit.

"Lucy! Where are you?!" I frantically searched the house, trying to find her. When I stopped at the couch, a new scent filled my nose. Someone was there... And they took Lucy.

Lucy! Where are you?

Mmmf-ghakefmmgj!

Okay, try and think straight. Just because your mouth is covered doesn't mean you can't think.

...Right. Natsu!! I have no clue where I am! All I remember is falling asleep and the next thing I know, I'm in a dark room with my hands and feet tied and my mouth covered!

Did you see anyone?

No! Just help me goddammit!

Now, usually I would track by scent. But the thing was, this person smelled so strongly that it completely masked Lucy's. She may be my mate and have a stronger smell than most, but this guy was good. So, I followed the trail he left behind.

Smashing through my front door, I ran until I reached the forest line, where the smell suddenly vanished.

"Shit.." I muttered, looking around for any sign.

"Looking for something?!" A man shouted. I looked up and saw a thin, pale man with large sunglasses and a pointy hat on. Ha... gnome.

"Who are you!?" I yelled, my entire body beginning to heat up. No, not right now! I can't be-... too late. My body lit up in bright orange and yellow flames while the plants and ground below me began to shrivel and burn. The fire grew higher until it was at least ten feet above me. It's heat was immense, causing the nearest tree to turn brown and black.