Chapter 7

Lucy groaned as she sat up and leaned against the cold stone wall. Her hand instinctively reached for her aching forehead, desperately trying to sooth the throbbing pain. Just then, the pain shifted to her neck, and the memory of Sting plunging his canines into her neck returned. Lucy's eyes widened as she shot off the floor and scurried to the bed, seeking its comfort. Unfortunately for the blonde, it was just as comfortable as the floor.

The girl sat there for what felt like hours in the dim lit room, scrunched in a ball. Multiple escape plans were forming in her head, but all of them ended the same... death. 'Well, most likely.' She thought, because her captors had made it pretty clear that any escape efforts were not going to go without punishment.

As the terrifying thought crossed Lucy's mind, a loud crashing sound came from above her. She shot up off the bed and eyed the ceiling, waiting for another sound. And as she predicted, it came. A few tiny rocks and dust fell down, causing Lucy to panic slightly. The sound came again, and again, getting louder and louder. It seemed as if someone was hitting the same spot. Her concentration on sticking to the wall and watching the ceiling was interrupted by the burning sensation in her stomach. Lucy hissed in pain and lifted up her shirt to find the almost forgotten mark of the dragon blazing a bright orange and red.

The light that was emitting form the mark bathed the girl's body in a golden glow, as well as a small space on the floor in front of her.

"Natsu..." She whispered, pulling her shirt back down. As if hearing her whispers, the ceiling collapsed with a loud crash. Lucy squeezed her eyes shut to shield from the dust that flowed throughout the room. When she did manage to open her eyes, a tall silhouette was walking towards her. But the sight of blonde hair caused a scream to tear from the girl's throat. Her eyes squeezed closed once again as the man picked her up.

"Shut it! Gah, annoying!" A familiar voice grunted, before leaping out of the hole with Lucy in his arms. When Lucy's eyes adjusted to the new light, she saw the face of Laxus glaring around the room. Just then, she was ripped from the man's arms and held into the chest of the one she missed the most.

Tears streamed violently down her face as the pink haired dragon slayer embraced her. "It's okay, Lucy..." In an instant, they weren't in the collapsed guild hall of Sabertooth, but in their home, lying on the bed.

The couple stayed like that for hours, and for once in a few days, Lucy was able to get some sleep.

When she woke up, Natsu was looking at her with troubled eyes. "What?" She asked, sitting up. The dragon slayer shook his head and wrapped his arms firmly around his blonde mate. His lips crashed onto hers in a needy kiss, which Lucy gladly responded to.

I've missed this so much....

Natsu smirked slightly before grabbing Lucy's hips and sliding her down onto her back. He rested on his knees and elbows above the girl and continued to kiss her. All of the emotions that had built up between the couple were poured out in that single kiss. The fear, the anger, and most of all, the longing. The longing to see one another, and to be together like they were before.

The pink haired boys hand traced down Lucy's side, before resting on her waist. Natsu pulled away and rested his forehead against Lucy's. His eyes were downcast towards her legs before he looked up with a smirk. The all too familiar lust filled gaze that he gave the blonde made her laugh slightly. Natsu's smirk grew before his lips crashed onto hers once again. Just then, Lucy's eyes widened and she tore her lips away. Her hand grasped at her neck as she bit her lip from the pain that overcame her senses.

"Lucy, what's wrong?!" Natsu asked frantically, his eyes wide with fear. Lucy continued to grab at the bite mark on her neck as if she wanted to peel the part of skin off.

"Aah!" She screamed, her back arching off the bed. Within the next second, her body collapsed back onto the bed and her breathing became rough.

"Lucy!" Natsu shouted, removing the now unconscious girls hand from her neck. At the sight of the red and irritated mark, Natsu's eyes flared with anger. He picked up Lucy's out cold body and kicked open the front door.

At the guild...

Natsu stormed through the front door of the guild, flames engulfing his body. Everyone stared at him oddly before they saw the unconscious girl in his arms. Wendy rushed over and told Natsu to follow her. The angered dragon slayer followed the small girl up to the second floor and into a small room. His flames had died down and he set Lucy on the bed, but his hand never left hers.

"She was bitten..." Natsu muttered, pointing to the mark on Lucy's neck. Wendy stared at it in shock before she reached out and touched the bite. A low and almost inaudible growl escaped Natsu's throat as he stood off his chair in a threatening manner. Wendy turned her gaze to the man beside her and retracted her hand when she realized his anger was directed at her. The small girl stood up slowly and left the room. When she returned, Erza, Laxus and Gajeel were following her.

Natsu was sitting down once again and staring at Lucy's face with worry. Upon the intrusion, his head snapped towards the three that were approaching him. Wendy resumed her place beside Lucy and watched in sadness at what had to be done.

"No! Let go of me!" Natsu screamed, thrashing wildly, trying to escape the hold of his guild mates. Erza looked down before motioning for Gajeel and Laxus to follow her. The door slammed closed and Natsu's protests could still be heard.

Wendy looked at Lucy and sighed. "I'm sorry, Natsu..."

Erza lead the three dragon slayers into a stone cellar that was beneath the guild. Makarov arrived with Freid behind him. Gajeel and Laxus entered the room while the others stayed in the hall. The door closed behind them and Freid cast his rune spell before exiting. Laxus and Gajeel opened the door and exited easily, with Natsu running after them. But because of the enchantment, he crashed into an invisible force.

"I'm sorry, Natsu..." Makarov looked at the boy with sadness. "But this is how it has to be."

"Let me out now!" Natsu roared, slamming his fist onto the wall that was keeping him trapped.

Meanwhile, Lucy continued to toss and turn in the bed while Wendy examined the bite mark. She had already discovered that there was a toxin that was causing Lucy the extreme pain. Apparently, it reacted only when Lucy was with another dragon slayer and having physical contact.

And Wendy had begun to figure out the only way to get it out.

Wendy, Erza, Gajeel, Laxus, and Makarov all met in the room where the blonde was resting.

"So, you've figured out what's going on?" Erza asked.

"And how to stop it?" Gajeel continued, glancing at the unconscious girl. The youngest dragon slayer nodded, her gaze falling.

"It's..." She sighed. "It's not going to be what Natsu wants to hear... Or anyone for that matter." Erza reached forward and grabbed Wendy's hand reassuringly.

"You can tell us..."

"Because Sting is the one that bit her, he is the only one that can remove the toxin. And I've heard of this kind of situation before... But..." She broke off and looked up at the others.

"It requires Lucy giving up Natsu... and mating with Sting."