Ch17 - Why tf u laughing

Sorry I haven't been here, was dealing with some very unnecessary drama and some personal stuff. Oh and y'all can thank @loverBoyLanceMcClain for the chapter idea<3

~~~

Recap since I've been gone for a FATASS minute: Shiro told Keith to invite Lance over for dinner after Keith told him they started dating. Lance comes over and runs into Allura. Turns out Allura is Lances ex and apparently Lance cheated on her. They get into an argument, Lance leaves, Keith scolds Shiro and Allura and yeah.

Keith

Keith ran out of the apartment and desperately looked around in hope that Lance was still close. He ran down the stairs and looked around the parking lot, but no Lance.

Keith was tempted to go back inside just to punch the crap out of Allura, but he resisted. Deep down he knew that Allura was just hurt. But at the same time he knew that Lance would never do anything like that, he's to much of a good guy.

He ends up wandering around town, his face gradually getting cold as he absentmindedly walks around. Many of the people he's had past affairs with bump into him and offer him a place to stay, but he refuses all of them since he wasn't in the mood.

All he wanted was to miraculously bump into Lance and apologize. He should've done a little background check to make sure this wouldn't have had happened. Or actually get to know Lance. I mean, they hadn't even made a plan to how they would answer their questions like how they met and blah blah blah. Things could've gone so much better if just a few things were changed.

Keith found himself at the park where he almost ate Lances cinnamon cup thingy. And where he thought it was a good idea to make him his fake boyfriend. He sighed as he walked to the benches where he saw someone sitting.

Who the fuck is in the park this late at night.

He walks closer and the figure becomes familiar.

"Lance?" Keith calls to the person at the bench.

The figure turns around and it indeed is Lance.

"Fuck Lance I'm so sorry about earlier I should've known that you guys knew each other and not in a good way and I never would've invited you if I had known and I'm such an idiot and sorry that I put you through that my god I suck ass an-"

"Whoa whoa slow down man. It's fine man. You didn't know what you didn't know it's not your fault. Allura never listened to me before and I shouldn't have expected her to in that moment. And out of all this I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have gotten into an argument with her and ruined dinner I should've kept my mouth shut or just left. It's just... she accused me of cheating on her and then broke up with me and that shit hurted bro. I really loved and her the fact that she could easily get rid of my like that really hurt. I'm still not really over her I guess if this makes me so upset. I just wish she would listen to me so she would know that I didn't cheat on her, then maybe I could finally move on."

After Lance was done talking Keith didn't really know what to say. He's never been good at comforting people or dealing with their feelings. Shiro was always the one to make people feel better cause he's good with his words.

"I told them we were faking it." Keith said out of nowhere.

"What?" Lance asked shocked looking over at Keith who had sat down next to him.

"After you left I yelled at Shiro and Allura and it just kind of came out. This whole night has been a fucking disaster I'm sorry. If I had just given you that dumbass cinnamon cup thing this wouldn't have happened. You wouldn't have had to go through that." Keith said while putting his face in his hands and resting them on his legs.

Silence fell for awhile until Lance broke the silence by laughing.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" Keith asked in disbelief as he watched Lance laugh like he just heard the funniest joke in the world. He was laughing so much that he couldn't even respond to Keith and it got to the point where Keith started laughing.

Laughter really is contagious.

They eventually stopped laughing and were just sitting there again.

"So now that that's over with, why were you laughing." Keith asked, still slightly recovering from the laugh attack.

"Whenever I'm in a stressful time or feeling down, I laugh. It helps my mood become better and sometimes the laughter turns into a sob fest, but that's okay. Sometimes I just need to let out all my feelings and that's just how I do it.

"You are really something else Lance McClain." Keith chuckled while shaking his head.

"How do you know my last name? I don't remember telling you it."

"When we got drunk you dropped your wallet while we were walking so I picked it up and took a peak inside."

"You were gonna steal from me weren't you?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny that. Anyway I saw your drivers license and that's how I know. I didn't steal anything by the way.

"But you were planning on it." Lance pushed.

"I plead the 5th."

"That only works in court and last I checked were in a park at like 10 at night when I should really be asleep because I have school tomorrow."

"I forgot you're a student."

"I wanna drop out everyday, but I'm determined to be the first McClain to graduate college."

"Wow good luck man. I went to college for two days and gave up." Keith said as he put his arms on the back of the bench and leaned back.

"Two days?"

"Yeah the first day wasn't all that bad, but on the second day I got caught having sex in one of the classrooms by a professor and I got kicked out."

"Well that escalated quickly." Lance said not knowing what else to say. "You know, for an omega you don't radiate omega energy. If I hadn't seen you in heat I would've thought you were an alpha or just a beta."

"I like it that way. Less people get on my case and I can avoid unwanted situations."

"Makes sense."

They were quiet yet again for a few minutes.

"You should come to the gym with me sometime." Keith said out of nowhere.

"You work out?" Lance asked turning his body towards Keith as he was thoroughly surprised:

"Well yeah I gotta be strong to defend myself from shitty alphas looking to rape me. Anyway, not the point. I was thinking about what you said about laughing and crying to let your feelings out and I guess I go to the gym to do that. I mostly just use the punching bag, but I do other stuff to. So I was thinking, if you wanted to of course, you could come to the gym with me sometime." Keith said sitting up but looking down at his hands as he blushes slightly.

"Alright bet. I'll go to the gym with you and show you I'm stronger than you."

"You think your stronger than me? You must be delusional. You don't work out at all, you have actual noodles for arms."

"Okay, rude and I'm stronger than I look. Don't underestimate me mullet."

"Don't call me that."

"To late."

"Well it's getting kinda late I should go back home. Hopefully Shiro and Allura are gone or asleep." Keith said and stood up. He didn't even get one step in when Lance grabbed his wrist.

"Since it doesn't seem like you want to go home, why not just come back to my place."

~~~

Okay y'all yell at me, get it out, I'm sorry