3.4 Daydreaming

Jeffery's POV

I was scared out of my head for Brittney. All she was going to do is tell May about Phoebe and Angie then come back. That should have taken like 5 minutes.

I ran over to Sweetbriar May to check on them only to see the door was closed and locked. Maybe Brittney and May went out. That was before I heard a weak voice say "Please," before a loud bang on the floor.

I did a full body check up against the door until it fell down. The only thing left to see was the old dead body of May laying on the floor.

"You bastard!" I yelled at Quentin who was already running out of the shack. "This isn't over!" He yelled on the way out.

Oh no, this definitely is not over.

I looked over near the wall to see Brittney's lifeless body laying on the floor.

"Brittney?" I said as I got on my knees and felt the pulse in her neck. Thank god it was still there.

I didn't really have any other choice right now but to pick her up bridal styles and carry her home, hoping I wouldn't see Quentin.

Once we got into the parking lot I felt the tears slowly coming out of my eyes. Although I didn't really know May very well, I know that she was just a helpless older lady who didn't deserve to die by getting her head smashed in by a fucking baseball bat.

And Quentin doesn't deserve to be living his life without a care right now. He just killed an old lady! And he has no weight on his shoulders at all.

Now, this is time to file something against him.

We can do more than that! We can get him arrested for killing May, Angie, and Phoebe!

Once I got back to the house, Jack answered the door and dropped the glass of water in his hand. Having glass shatter and water splash everywhere.

"What's wrong?" Jenn asked as she walked into the room.

As soon as she saw Brittney's body in my arms she covered her mouth.

"Get her in here!" Jack raised his voice and I brought her in.

"Put her on the couch!" Jack yelled at me once again. "Jack, I know what I'm doing!" I yelled even louder at him and laid Brittney down in the bathtub.

"What do you mean you know what you are doing?" He questioned me.

"A couple years ago, Brittney tried to kill herself!" I told him and his attitude changed right away.

"Get me a cup of water quick!" I ordered.

***FLASHBACK***

I entered Brittney's house immediately after seeing the video.

"Brittney, where are you! Hello?!" I screamed and slammed the door behind me.

I have never run up stairs so fast until now. I finally got into her upper level.

Not in her room.

Not in any of her siblings room.

Not in her parents room.

Nothing!

"Brittney!" I screamed.

One place I haven't checked yet.

The bathroom.

I ran to the bathroom, thank god the door wasn't locked. There was an empty pill bottle next to her.

"Fuck!" I shouted and got her body off the cold hard floor. I put her in the tub gently and saw her almost blue lips quivering.

"Oh my god, Brittney you stupid fucking idiot what did you do." I said to myself, quite angrily.

"Fuck me!" I yelled and grabbed a cup of water that was next to the sink.

I flicked the water from the cup in her face as quick as I could and sang her her ultimate favourite song.

I heard if you get through the song and they aren't awake you only have one last hope.

"Moon river, wider than a mile

I'm crossing you in style some day

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're goin', i'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world

There's such a lot of world to see

We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend

My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

(moon river, wider than a mile)

(i'm crossin' you in style some day)

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're goin', i'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world

There's such a lot of world to see

We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend

My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me"

I got through the entire song and still nothing.

I felt the tears pouring from my eyes faster and faster.

"Fuck , Brittney!" I shouted and picked her up from the tub and bent her over the ledge.

I had no choice but to stick my fingers in her mouth.

She was finally awake.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

When Jenn came back with a cup of water I gave it to Jack and said, "Sing her her favourite song and flick this in her face."

"What is her favourite song?" Jack asked.

Does he know anything?

"Um, Moon River wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day, oh dream maker, you heart breaker wherever your goin', I'm goin' your way," I started singing it before he took over and continued.

I took Jenn into the other room and sat her down.

After I explained the story of what just happened, Brittney was awake and went back asleep in the bed.

Jack came into our room and sat with us.

Not another word was spoken all night.

Jenn's POV

I was awaken the same way I was yesterday.

In the bathroom, on my knees, puking my guys out.

Jeffery came in about a minute after it started and held hair back.

After I was done I brushed my teeth really quickly and headed into the kitchen.

"So, I'm gonna call the cops. Quentin and Serena are going to the slammer. May's body will get taken away. And we can finally enjoy the next two months." Jeffery said behind me.

"Sounds like a plan." I said so hushed it was almost a whisper.

"Jenn." He said when he hugged me from behind and held my stomach.

"What?" I whispered.

"I will love you no matter what. And I'm going to love this little guy or girl inside you." He whispered in my ear.

I couldn't help but smile.

Having Jeffery is like a daydream.

A really good daydream.

***********

Sorry for such a crappy filler chapter :/

Also, if you guys don't know the song Jeffery was singing to Brittney it's called Moon River from my favourite movie Breakfast at Tiffany's which will be brought up further on through the story :)

~Thatsojeffery