{40}

We sat at the McDonalds with Lane, Dylan, a girl named Kassie and Ivory, them all eating as slow as possible- not wanting to face the school alone today.

"Guys- you're going to be late" Luke spoke quietly, making me look to Ivory, who was sipping her smoothie slowly.

"You know you don't have to do this" I whispered- knowing I could move her to a different school- she could even go online.

"I need to" she mumbled out.

As we walked them to Kassie's car, who we trusted enough to let her drive, Ivory hugged me.

"I'm five miles from you" I spoke, kissing her head, making her nod.

"You want this?" She asked me, lifting her barely touched smoothie.

Before I could respond Luke had taken that opportunity, immediately taking the smoothie, popping the straw into his mouth.

I sent her a wink, the other kissing her head before we went into different directions.

Ivory.

I intertwined Lane and I's arms, looking to him to see a smile as we walked through the doors.

We went to our lockers, getting the binders and notebooks that we needed.

Lane walked me to my first hour, us both stopping outside the classroom door- exhaling.

"How's your chest feeling?" He asked, making me take a deep breath.

"It's not tight" I spoke quietly, seeing him nod.

"Text me if anything changes, okay?" He questioned, making me nod.

"same to you"

I went into the classroom, sitting in it alone, no other students showing up yet.

The new teacher entered with a smile.

"Ivory, right?" He questioned, making me nod, searching the room to find something that said his name.

"It's Coleman" he laughed, making me smile lightly.

"You're a quiet one?" He shot towards me as he sat at a desk next to the one I was in.

I let out a shrug before clearing my throat.

"Nothing to talk about" I spoke.

"Tell me about yourself" he spoke.

"Like what" I almost mumbled.

"Who do you live with?"

"My dad and uncles"

"Any pets?"

"Nope"

"Do you want a pet?"

"I wouldn't mind one"

"Who's your best friend?"

"Lane Richards"

"That's that guy that walked you here today?"

I gave a nod, seeing him nod.

As students entered, he stood up.

"It was nice talking to you- I look forward to the year"

Weird.

"So he just asked you questions?" Lane asked.

"Yeah- but it was weird" I spoke calmly.

"How so?"

"Like, I wasn't looking at him, but I could feel that he was looking at me- he just, I don't like the vibes he gave me" I spoke.

"You should ask to move classes then"

"I think that's a good idea"

Lane went to the counselor with me, where I asked to switch to a different art class.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but there are no other art classes available- all of the classes are full" she spoke, sending me a sympathetic look.

"What's the reason you want to switch?"

"The teacher just doesn't give me good vibes" I spoke slowly.

"Aw sweetheart, that's just because you went through a traumatic experience at this school and everything is just kind of thrown off, it'll get better- I promise."

I nodded, taking into account everything that she said before I thanked her, both Lane and I leaving.

Lane threw his arm over my shoulder

"Everything is going to be okay"

first person

The secretary- Ellen, called Mr.Coleman into her office.

"Now Mr.Coleman we've discussed with you the need to make all students feel comfortable and safe in your classroom, correct?" She spoke sternly, earning a confused nod from him.

"We've got a complaint from a student in your first hour, Ms.Ivory- she feels uncomfortable with you, we ask you to change that, maybe call her in after class- during lunch and talk these feelings out with her, it's important that she feels the safest."

Coleman immediately gave a stern nod- liking the thought of having permission to call the small girl from his first hour into his classroom after class hours.

None of his thoughts were in the right place

To be fair, they were rather disgusting.