{23}

I sat on the porch of my house- my hood pulled over my head- waiting for the lights to go off so that I could go inside and to bed without being questioned

I couldn't let them see my face, I had a very clear bright red mark of a hand on my cheek along with a few hand prints on my wrists- which I was sure would turn into bruises soon enough.

My phone was dead and had been dead for about ten minutes.

I didn't know what to do

I so badly wanted to go inside and tell my dad that a boy hit me and basically forced me to make out with him

But I also wanted to just keep it a secret
I didn't want to talk about it
I didn't want the school to find out

I didn't want anyone to know about this.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening- making me immediately squeeze my eyes shut as I heard to close, footsteps moving to sit beside me.

A blanket was thrown over my shoulders- and I had yet to look to the person beside me

"What happened?" Calum's voice spoke quietly.

"Nothing" I mumbled lightly, the lie burning in my throat

"Considering it's fifty degrees out here and you're sitting outside in jeans and a hoodie- I know that a lie" He spoke quietly.

"The stars are pretty" I shrugged it off, feeling him looking at me.

"Someone hurt your feelings?" He asked.

I froze.

I shrugged lightly

He didn't technically hurt my feelings- he hurt my face.

"I don't know what that shrug means, pretty girl" he mumbled, pulling my body closer to his own, his body heat engulf me.

"I don't really want to talk about it" I spoke quietly, letting my head hit his shoulder.

"Well- are you okay? Like, physically and emotionally?" He spoke, his hand resting on my back.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I spoke, exhaling into him.

"Let's go inside- you're cold"

Ashton.

I laughed into Katie's shoulder, kissing it gently before taking another sip of my beer, hearing the door open.

"Our favorite girl is home" Calum sang out- his arm wrapped around Ivory- who held a facial expression I couldn't read.

"Hi princess, how was the party?" I smiled towards her, seeing her smile back immediately.

"It was good, a normal party" she exhaled
"So you hated it?" Luke grinned from the kitchen.

"Very much." She nodded in agreement, walking towards the stairs- oddly keeping her body angled towards a weird direction.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she walked up the stairs- her back kept towards us.

"Yeah- yeah, just tired" she exhaled, making it to the top.

"Night guys" she spoke- making us all look to each other.

"I should go check on her- she was acting weird-" "let me do it" I interrupted Luke, moving to stand, but Katie grabbed me.

"She's sixteen years old guys" she spoke slowly- looking to us all.

"She's old enough to handle herself and her emotions, she doesn't need her daddy up her ass" she spoke.

"You don't understand the type of kid Ivory is, she has trouble processing her emotions- she needs to talk things out or we end up having full blown panic attacks, and we don't like that-" "she's fucking fine Ashton!" Katie yelled- catching everyone in the room off guard, almost immediately pissing me off.

"Why the hell is it your business how I treat my daughter anyway?" I shot towards her, seeing a small shrug

"I can improve this family."