{6}

Ashton.

"Stop blinking so much." I mumbled, holding her head into my chest- trying to just put the damn eye drops in.

She hated eye drops- she has since she was a baby.

Nothing has changed yet.

"Just let me do it!" She declared, clearly frustrated with me- but I ignored anyway, finally getting them in.

"Don't touch your eye" I quickly warned- pulling her hands away from her red eye- not wanting it to spread .

"That took literally ten minutes" Michael announced as he entered my office- looking amused.

"Fine- you can do it next time" I spoke.

"I could probably get it done in seconds"

Two hours later- it was time for more eye drops, so I grabbed Michael, making him come with.

I watched the clock as I watched him continually miss her eye with the eyedrops- both of them laughing at each other everytime he did.

Fifteen minutes later- the bottle of eye drops were empty and she had yet to have anymore put in.

I groaned- going to the storage closet and grabbing more.

I put them in myself- once again having to stop her from immediately going to rub the excess out of her eye.

I watched as she closed her eyes, some of the liquid running down her cheek, which I immediately wiped away, kissing her forehead.

"I give you credit" Michael laughed.

"I don't know what the fuck my children are going to do when I have kids- fuck-" he laughed out, making me smile.

"It's a good fucking thing you're an orthopedic surgeon"

"When's her yearly check up?" Michael suddenly spoke- immediately earning a hit from Ivory.

Lucky for her- she had missed her yearly check up the past three years due to us simply forgetting or being too busy to do it in those moments.

But once we finally remembered- we did schedule her one.

But did I know when it was?

No.

"That's a good question" I responded to Michael, making a smile come onto his face.

"We probably fucking missed it again" he laughed.

"What did we miss?" Calum responded as he walked in- being nosey as normal.

"Ivory's check up" I spoke, making him smile

"Nope- she isn't that lucky, it's tomorrow"

"Fuck"

the next day
Ivory.

"Hoodie off please, pretty girl" Calum spoke as the five of us entered the exam room.

I took my hoodie off, throwing it to Michael who was happily seated, watching.

"Why is everyone always in here when I get these?" I asked, sitting on the exam bed, seeing the four of them exchange a look

"Entertainment"

Calum laughed lightly- clicking through my chart, dad stood beside me the entire time.

"Okay- lets get this over with" he breathed out, coming to me.

We did the basic check up

Temperature, blood pressure, height and weight- and now it was lungs and heart.

"We used to have to beg you to stay quiet for the heart- you would never shut up" Michael laughed out as Calum came to me, nodding in agreement.

"You used to give us hell"

He listened to my heart- taking his time before moving to his lungs, making me take deeper breaths.

"She's good overall" he spoke

"But-"

He moved to his computer.

"Blood work is recommended" he smiled.

"Nope" I laughed out quickly.

"It's not that bad princess" luke laughed in agreement.

"Then do it with me" I raised my eyebrows towards him- seeing I shocked him lightly

"I got blood work last week- I don't need it" he laughed quickly, making me roll my eyes.

"Hold me." I spoke to dad- seeing a much too happy smile.

Ashton.

She hated needles- it was something she voiced to us often.

We all ignored her complaints- Calum left to grab a kit and I got behind her, pulling her into my chest.

When he returned, he smiled immediately.

"You're evil" Ivory spoke out- making Michael almost instantly bust out laughing.

"You won't be saying that when you want cuddles tonight" he spoke simply, raising his eyebrows towards her.

She simply smiled, letting him take her arm.

He tied the band- looking to her as the flicked her arm lightly.

"Look towards Luke" he spoke simply, grabbing the needle.

Her head turned, looking to Luke and I watched Calum push it in, blood immediately flowing through the tubes.

Her hand squeezed my arm lightly, a small whine coming from her as he rubbed her arm gently.

When he got the amount needed- he slid it out, covering the small spot with a cotton ball, which I held down for him.

"You're done princess" Calum spoke, setting everything down before putting a bandaid over it.

"Not so bad, right?" He smiled to her.

"Not so good either"