Chapter 3

Qui gon Jin, Jar Jar, R2-D2 and Padme are trying to think of a new plan to replace their hyper driver. Anakin Skywalker has offered them shelter as a sand storm hits Tatioone .....

"Mom,mom, I'm home." Anakin called out to his mother as him, Jar Jar. Qui gon, Padme, R2-D2 all enter the small house. 

"Hello, I'm Shimi Skywalker."

"I'm Qui gon Jin. Your son was kind enough to offer us shelter from the storm outside, since we can't reach our ship."

"Come on I'll show you 3po." Anakin said dragging Padme by the arm. Anakin leads Padme to his room, and she sees an uncompleted droid on the work bench.

"This is 3po, he's a protocalldroid to help mom out."

"He's amazing, but I think you forgot an eye." Padme said, pointing to the droids face.

"Opps." Anakin put on the droids eye and turned on 3po.

"Oh, hello, I'm C-3po human-cryborg reations how may I be of sevice?"

"He's wonderful Anakin.''

"Yeah now I just need to put covering on him, and he'll be good to go."

"Umm, Anakin."

"Yeah?"

"Could you not tell anyone about what happened in the shop, please?"

"Ok. But I have one question to ask, are you a Jedi?"

"No, I'm not."

"Then how can you read minds?"

"Well, I'm a mutant."

"Mutant, like in the legend of Castea?"

"I think so."

"Master Ani, the chances of a planet disappearing in to thin air and never to be seen again, are 678,840,73 to 1."

"I know 3po." Anakin turned 3po off then looked at Padme.

"Ani dinner!"

"Coming mom!" Anakin and Padme stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Your not trying to read my mind again, are you?"

"No, It's just, life on your planet is so different to mine. I wish there was something I could do to help." Padme said now looking at the floor.

"But everyone life is different, you can't help everyone." Said Anakin.

"I never knew a boy so young could be so wise."

"You'll find I'm full of surprises." Come on, my mom is waiting for us." With that said, Padme followed Anakin to the dinning room.