Chapter 25

* * *

"Are you serious?" I asked Ethan on our way back to the airport. We were currently sitting in a cab. This visit had been way shorter than I had intended it to be.

"I always am." His answer was brief, but I couldn't miss the hint of sarcasm in his tone. "Sir, we have a change of plans. If you wouldn't mind taking a left turn here." He addressed the driver. The man looked at me questioningly through the rearview mirror for a slight moment before complying with what Ethan had said.

"You're nuts." I looked at him with incredibility in my eyes. He just smirked back at me.

"Do you have anything better to do for Christmas back in Seattle?" He said in a low tone, as if making sure he was making the right call.

Thing is, I didn't. Kate was going to spend the holidays with Chris' family and Jacob was probably going to spend it with his sister -the only family member who had accepted him after coming out- and would also most likely have Chase on our house quite a lot, since, well, he was now living with us, and bringing your boyfriend back home was a normal thing to do. Chase had been an important support in Jake's coming out, he was the first to comfort him after what happened, and now they were happily reconciled. So thinking now about Ethan's proposal of staying here for the holidays wasn't such a crazy idea.

"I don't." I gave in, truthfully. Plus, the mere idea of spending Christmas and New Years with him made my heart twitch in excitement.

"You see?" He lifted his lips mockingly at me. He always won, and enjoyed doing so. I simply bit down my lip in response, thinking of what to say. His oceans suddenly darkened as a thought clearly crossed his mind and his lips lifted devilishly.