Chapter 6

* * *

You know that feeling when you're a teenager and you get into a fight with your mom over something really stupid? You are completely aware that whatever you did was wrong, and therefore should have apologized, but your big ass pride wouldn't let you. Then, this huge party comes up. A party you have been expecting since you were born, those in which you knew your crush was going to be at or some other ridiculous fact. Anyways, it was The party, big time, huge opportunity. And of course your mom happened to be incredibly mad at you, maybe she had even grounded you. Bad case scenario.

So, there you were. Knocking on your mother's bedroom door with your tail between your legs, hoping for forgiveness, thinking about how stupid you are because you did something you could've avoided doing.

Well, that's exactly how I feel right now. Except this time I would rather be apologizing to my mother because I wanted to go to a party than going to Vennberg's office.

I had repeated my speech over a hundred times now. It was seven o'clock in the morning, my classes were going to start in more than an hour from now. Instead of being asleep or having breakfast in my apartment, you could find me wandering through the halls of the university's offices. I lost track of how many times I had walked up and down the hall.

I finally made my mind up and re-composed myself, feeling a sudden wave of confidence that was crushed as soon as I reached the professor's office door. I rose my shaky hand and knocked three times.