Chapter 13

* * *

"I need to find the kitchen!" Kate yelled over all the muffled conversations and the bass of the beating music. Chris's house was surprisingly big, with a huge backyard and a pool. There were people everywhere. Too much, if you asked me.

"Yeah. We could use some ice. Where's Jacob anyways?" I answered. He said he was coming, but my eyes couldn't find him throughout all this human ocean. It was no surprise, maybe he was in here. Somewhere.

"He must be on his way." She said, dismissing my question. "Where's the freaking kitchen?" Kate couldn't drink alcohol without ice. Pet peeve, I guess.

"Look, there's Chris." I took Kate's hand to guide her through the crowd until I was able to catch up with the host. "Chris!" I said loudly enough so he could hear me.

He turned around -almost tripping over his feet- and smiled. "Hello you guys! Amalia! I'm so glad you made it here." He blurted drunkenly and then gave a look at my friend.

"Hello there," he smirked -or at least tried to. "Christian Mitchell." He said, extending his hand for her to grab.

"Kate Henderson." I saw my best friend's eyes lit up as Chris gave her a peck on her hand. I rolled my eyes at her, she was visually drooling over the guy.

"Well it's lovely to meet you." These two were staring at each other as if they were some sort of hungry animal. I wanted to laugh, but kept myself composed.