Chapter 5

* * *

* * *

"Alright," it was way too early in the morning to be in the same room as Vennberg, yet here I was, as excited as ever. "I'm going to establish some rules to keep you from screwing this opportunity up."

I was -again- sitting next to Jacob at the back of the class, he seemed in absolute awe of the guy. Just like everyone else. I couldn't really blame them.

My eye caught a slim boy standing outside the classroom, cursing himself, probably for being late. Soon, heads were tuned towards the door and Vennberg noticed it. We all watched his every move as he approached the entrance and opened the door for him. The guy stared at our professor hesitantly, not sure what to do, and then rushed nervously, in a quick motion.

"Thank you si-r, it won't happen again. I'm incredibly sorry." Vennberg stared at him dead in the eye. He wasn't having it. Poor kid. He was probably a freshman, given his youthful features.

"What's your name?" Vennberg asked in this low tone that could be mistaken with a serial killer or something.

"Matthew, sir." He looked like he could burst into a major breakdown at any minute. Vennberg started walking towards him until only a few inches separated them. The kid was smaller, so it was just like seeing a seventh grader about to get his ass kicked by a high schooler.

"Well, Matthew," he said this whispering, but since the room was as quiet as a cemetery, we could all hear him clearly. "You're out." It only took those two words for the guy to gulp while nodding his head and running the hell out the door.