Chapter 16

* * *

* * *

"Where was your seat? I never saw you." Jacob asked me. We were currently sitting in a train on its way to Munich, we've been here for three hours and we still had two hours and twenty minutes left. "Well, I didn't see much at all, to be honest. I slept through the whole thing."

I didn't know why we hadn't just flown directly to Munich instead of doing this tortuous plane-train adventure. Part of me had a feeling the reason had something to do with Ethan not wanting to spend more time than needed inside of a plane. I couldn't blame him. It was literally a forty-five minute difference. I guess that time really makes a change in life-death situations.

"I was in one of the first seats," I wasn't really lying. First class was at the beginning of the plane. "You look adorable when you sleep, by the way." I remembered being tempted by the idea of grabbing my phone and taking a photo of my sleeping friend when I went to the toilet. He snorted at my comment and turned his back to me to rest his head against the window. He was going to sleep. Again.

I had spent the whole flight next to Ethan. I dared to say he didn't let go of my hand throughout the complete flight. I would try to distract him in any way possible. I talked to him about literally anything, just to keep his mind off the fact that our feet weren't on the ground. I would ask him questions, draw circles on his hands with my fingers, we even watched a couple of movies. I knew he wasn't really paying attention-neither was I, but I'm also sure that it helped him in a way.