● Chapter 1 ●

Erica Peterson ●

"For God sakes leave me alone! All you do is constant argue over petty things. I'm 24 years old still fucking struggling and all you do is lay up all day, every day, collecting disability checks." I said. I'm beyond frustrated with my mother. She always given me hell. All she ever thinks about is money! I'm sick of it! I'm sick of her! I'm just sick!

"Who do your fat ass think you talking to? I brought you in this world and I can damn well take you out." My mama yelled getting in my face. This is an everyday thing with the both of us. I'm tried of being her foot stool. I can't wait to leave this house. I had an apartment, but I moved in with my mom to help her out since my dad is in jail. But that's a later story.

"I don't have time to argue with you tonight. I have to work a double and your waisting my time." I said irritated with her presence. I grabbed my keys and walked out.

I'm sorry for being rude. My name is Erica Peterson, I'm 24 years old, and a waitress at a local diner. I've been working there for about two years now. The money is okay, but I need better. Until then, I work as much as I possibly can.

"Hey girl." Ashley said as soon as i walked into the diner. When I first started working here she showed me the ropes. Ever since we became friends or some sort.

"Hey." I said with a sigh.

"Let me guess another argument?" She asked.

"You know it." She squeezed my shoulder in a soothingly way.

"It'll get better Erica. Don't sweat the little things in life look forward to the big ones." She said.

"Thank you." I said as we walked from the back.

"No problem." She hugged me and walked away. Tonight was busy. I sighed because it's going to be a long night.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

Ugh! I hate working a double shift. It's a 12 or sometimes 16 hour shift. I got here at 7 p.m. yesterday and I get off at 7 a.m.

My feet are killing me. I have two more hours then I can go home, get in my comfortable bed, and sleep!

After morning rush I was glad to be clocking out. I quickly grabbed all my things out my locker and rushed to my car. I didn't have time for the conversations or being asked to stay a while longer.

I pulled up in the driveway next to me mom beat up Honda. I sighed cutting off the car. I miss having my own place. It was always peace and quiet. Now only time I get the peace and quiet is when she's sleep or not here.

"God I hope she's not up." I said to myself. I pulled the keys out the ignition grabbing my things. I got out slamming my car door.

I unlocked the front door. I walked in to hear nothing.

Thank God she sleep.

I locked the door behind me heading toward my room in the back. I stripped out of my work clothes so I could take a shower.

Once I hit the sheets I was out like a light.