My Blood

Brendon
"Guys, maybe we should split up,"I said. Zack nodded. "You're right. We can cover more ground. Someone needs to go onto the bus quick and see if they can find their phone and if it has service,"Mike said. I nodded. Zack took the bus and Mike started walking back toward Dallon and Sarah. I headed the other direction. I kept looking. It was hard because it wasn't quite near dawn. I was guessing it was about three in the morning. Snow was still lightly falling around us. 

I kept looking around, hoping for a sign. I tripped over something. I looked down and saw one of Ryleigh's flip flops. It could've come from her bunk. There's no guarantee she was wearing it after all. I sighed and kept going. I glanced over and saw a huddled ball over the embankment. An animal, maybe. Whatever it was, it wasn't moving. I started moving closer. Getting closer, I made out a hand laying out over the snow. It was Ryleigh. There's so much blood. Mostly from her head.

I turned around and vomited into the bushes before continuing on towards her. My heart was in my throat. It was my job to protect her and I failed. I wasn't sure my voice was going to work. I felt for her pulse. It was faint and growing fainter. "Zack! Mike! Someone!"I shouted as loud as I could. Footsteps were coming towards me. Zack was at my side suddenly. He gently picked my daughter up. We probably shouldn't have moved her but we didn't have much choice.

Her arm was hanging limply down as Zack carried her back to Dallon and Sarah. Mike and I were silent. There was nothing to say. Small flames lapped at the front of the bus. Zack glanced at it. "Brendon, one of us needs to run on and grab a few blankets but it's gonna have to be quick. You've got about ten minutes before this thing blows up,"Zack said. "I'll do it,"I said and darted onto the bus. I ran to the bunk area and grabbed a few fleece blankets we kept and her comforter. My arm was killing me and I could see smoke curling now.

I ran out the doors and saw that they'd moved a ways down the highway and they kept going. I started to sprint. I didn't have much choice. It was that or die. Although, if she dies at least we'd be together. I shook that thought away. I have Sarah, Penny, and Bogart. They'll need me, too. Sarah started screaming for me. I was getting closer. Suddenly, a blast of heat caused me to fall to the ground. I covered my head.

I was alive. I lifted my head and looked back. The bus was charred black with flames lapping against the cold and frozen liquid falling from the sky. I stood up and walked the rest of the way over. Sarah and the others all embraced me in a hug. Ryleigh was still unresponsive and laying on the pavement. "Okay, Bren, we have to warm her up. She's getting hypothermia,"he said and took the blankets. He started wrapping my daughter up in them. I pulled her onto my lap despite the pain in my wrist and held her close to my chest. I stroked her hair with my good hand and rocked back and forth. Mike and Dallon both had phones. "Mike, call for an ambulance. Dallon call Sleeping and Pilots and let them know what's happened,"Zack demanded, suddenly the drill sergeant ordering people around.

They nodded and got started. I couldn't hear them. All I was worried about was my daughter and whether she would pull through or not. "Come on, Ryleigh, don't quit on me now,"I whispered. I heard sirens. An ambulance was coming towards us. Only one. Why didn't they send more? They pulled to a stop, careful to not slide on ice. They got out and brought a bed over to me. "Sir, we're gonna have to take her now,"he said. I nodded and defeatedly let her go as the young man took her from my arms. I didn't want to let go. I was worried I'd never see her again. The young woman of the trio placed a mask over her face and began to pump the bag attached.

The firetruck and police car weren't car behind. By this point, I was just feeling numb. Zack, Mike, and I were taken in the police car to the hospital where we gave our reports of what happened. Sarah, Dallon, and Ryleigh went in the ambulance. My hand still hurt. I looked down at it. It was still super swollen. Ryleigh was rushed straight in. I wasn't allowed to follow her. I sat down in a chair, finally defeated.

Sarah and Dallon were taken straight to the emergency room. I don't know where Zack and Mike went. I put my head in my hands. It wasn't long after when someone approached me. "Excuse me, sir?"a young woman asked. I glanced up at her. "Oh my! We should probably take you back to look you over,"she exclaimed and they brought a wheelchair over. We got here at 4 this morning and it was currently 5:30. I haven't had an update on anyone.

They wheeled me back to the emergency room. A doctor came in only moments later. "What do we have here?"he asked as he turned his gaze on me. "I'm Brendon Urie. A group of us were brought in after our tour bus accident this morning,"I informed him. He started taking down my medical history and asking me questions. I had a big bruise right about my eyebrow and a small cut that would heal without stitches. I was covered in filth from head to toe.

"Olivia, please take him up to Radiology,"the doctor said as he scribbled something on a piece of paper. She pushed my wheelchair slow. I could walk but they had a policy where no patient could be without one. The X-Rays didn't take very long and she wordlessly wheeled me back to my room. She was nice but really shy. She turned, about to leave so she could find my doctor. "Wait, is there any update on anyone who came in this morning?"I asked. "I'll see what I can find out,"she said and then I was alone with the beeping of my own beating heart.

A/N: Hey, y'all! I hope your week is going well. Mine hasn't and I'm not doing well at all but I'm writing since it helps some. I hope y'all enjoyed. Much love!

B