Gone, Gone, Gone (I)

Ryleigh
"I don't believe it. Ryleigh Rowan, is that really you?"our dad asked. "Just Ryleigh, but yeah, it's really me,"I said softly. He instantly wrapped me in a hug. I tensed up at first. After all, most men, besides those in my band family, have done horrible things to me. He looked at me strangely. "Where have you been? How have you been? God, it's been years since I saw you. What like 15 years?"He said and looked over to my step mom. She nodded.

She came over and hugged me. "Its good to finally meet you. We never thought we would see you again until Josh found you. I'm Laura, your step mom,"she said. "I've been everywhere. We were always on the move to a new city. A lot has happened. I don't really wanna go into it, if that's okay,"I answered my father. "Of course it's okay, honey,"my step mom answered for him. My sisters hugged me and we all took time catching up. Eventually, the topic I dreaded was brought up.

"Where is Ryleigh going to be staying then?"my step mom asked Josh. "Actually, I've been living in LA for the last few years. My mom lost custody when I was a kid. Brendon Urie and his wife, Sarah, adopted me,"I answered. "It's up to you, Ryleigh. I'm not making you do what you don't want to. You're welcome to visit with Josh and your adoptive family whenever you want if you don't want to live here,"my dad said. I ran over to him and hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"I whispered. I couldn't bear leaving my life in LA but I didn't want to lose my family either.

Eventually, our visit came to an end. After all, we had a show to play. They were coming to watch. They understood I was happy where I was living and they weren't taking me away. One of my biggest fears was finally put to rest. I didn't want to leave them again.

Jordan, Abby, and Ashley found us backstage after. "That was so awesome!"Abby said and hugged me. "You're so good at that!"Jordan said and hugged me as well. Ashley hugged me and I could feel the pride radiating off of her. They said goodbye to Tyler, Josh, and I. Then we were on our way to the next city.

*******

I started finding more strange notes again as we toured each new city. The only thing I knew was that someone was coming for me soon and it was most likely to do with the man who isn't actually my biological father. I kept them secret from everyone. I had to protect them.

We had a week off to go home and rest for a bit so we did. I knew something was wrong when Dallon came over and up to my room. He knocked on the door. "Hey, Ryleigh, can I talk to you for a minute?"he asked. "Sure, come in,"I said and closed the journal I was writing in. I wanted to write a fictional story or a stort about my life as The Urie's Daughter and even thought about publishing it to this app called Wattpad. I really had to avoid reading the fanfiction section though because they usually wrote some weird shit that contained Dad and Ryan or milk. I shuddered just thinking about it as Dallon came in.

He sat on the edge of the bed next to me. "Your dad didn't want to be the one to tell you this so I am, okay? I hope you aren't too mad at me,"Dallon said. I raised an eyebrow at him for him to continue. "I'm sorry but I'm leaving the band,"he said. "Why? What are you going do?"I asked. "It's just time to move on, Ryleigh. This has been the best ten years but it's time for something new. I have a friend from the Brobecks who is going to start a new band with me,"he said. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me in return. "I'll still come around and we still have the rest of this tour,"he promised. I nodded.

I was super anxious, though. Who would replace him? I mean, I love playing with them but there have been days I haven't played. He squeezed my shoulder as he stood and then he walked out. "Hey, Ryleigh?"Mom asked and peeked her head inside my bedroom door. "Yeah?"I asked. "I'm running to the store quick and your dad just left with Dallon. Are you gonna be okay?"she asked. "Yeah,"I said. "Okay, can you come down to lock the door behind me?"she asked. I nodded and stood.

I followed her downstairs. She slid on her Nike tennis shoes and grabbed her keys. I turned the lock and went to the kitchen for something to drink. I pulled a tea out of the fridge. I glanced out the large window as the fridge door closed. Standing across the street was a woman I hoped to never see again. She was staring directly at our house. How and when did my mother get out of prison? I quickly ran up to my room and shut and locked the door. I grabbed my phone and called Dad with shaky fingers. I felt an anxiety attack coming on.

"Ryleigh, honey, what's wrong?"he asked as he answered and heard my small gasps for air. "Can't *(gasp)* breathe,"I gasped out. "Remember what we talked about?"he asked. I went through the list in my head. 5 things I can touch, 4 I can see, 3 I can smell, 2 I can taste, and one that I can hear.

My erratic breathing slowed back down. I took a few deep breaths in as Dad waited patiently for me to get my shit together. "She's here. She's right outside,"I said panicked. I didn't know quite what this meant for me now. "Who's outside, babygirl?"He asked. "My biological mother. She's here, she's outside. Don't let her take me again,"I begged and started to cry. "I won't. Hang in there. We're on our way,"he said and then my phone died.