Tidal Waves

Ryleigh
I finally finished throwing everything into my suitcase at 11. I made my way downstairs where I hugged mom and dad goodnight. I had trouble falling asleep. I was so excited for this tour and I hoped we might overlap with All Time Low sometime over tour. I missed Zack a ton. It had only been a couple of weeks since he left. We'd texted, Skyped, and occasionally called each other.

I tossed and turned before grabbing my phone. It was after 1 now. I sighed and ran my hand over my nightstand in search of earbuds. I found them and plugged them in. I hit play on the link to Spotify that Zack sent me. Alex's voice rang out over Zack's bass and Jack's guitar. Zack did many backing vocals and, before I knew it, I was asleep.

I woke up to someone shaking me. "RYLEIGH! WE'RE GOING ON TOUR!"Joshua Dun shouted at me. "I'm up, I'm up,"I muttered with an arm over my face. "Get dressed!"he said. "Wait! Who else is touring, Jishwa?"I asked. "Sleeping With Sirens are all downstairs,"he told me then bolted downstairs. I slid on some skinny jeans and a Panic! At The Disco tshirt. I grabbed Zack's sweatshirt that I left lay out on my suitcase. I grabbed my bookbag and walked downstairs.

"Tyjo, can you grab my suitcase?"I asked sweetly with puppy dog eyes. Tyler covered his eyes. "I'll do it, please turn those evil puppy eyes off,"he begged. I laughed and turned away as he ran upstairs to my room. I ran over a mental checklist.

"Ryleigh!"someone yelled and tackled me in a hug. I recognized them as Kellin and returned the hug. "Kellin!"I shouted back. "How've you been? You don't look like you've aged a bit,"he said and ruffled my hair. I sent a glare at him for that as I tried to flatten it into normal position.

"Ahh! Urie call your daughter off! Her glare is terrifying!"he shouted for Dad and cowered away. I turned away with a laugh and grabbed a bottle of Gold Peak Tea that was waiting for me with my name on it. Not literally, of course. I knew mom or dad must've bought it, knowing how much I love it.

I entered the living room and flopped on the couch next to Josh who was on his phone tweeting. "Ooh, whatcha tweetin'?"I asked. "Nothing,"he said and pulled his phone away. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

He looked at me quizzically. "Do you have my post notifications on?"He asked. "No, why would I do that?"I asked. "BUS IS HERE! RYLEIGH ROWAN GET MOVING BEFORE I LEAVE YOU HERE!"Dad yelled. I flinched at the loudness then made a mad dash for the bus. Saved by the bell. Also, I was the first one which meant first dibs on bunks. I took the middle right side and tossed my backpack in before climbing in. Dallon lumbered in next.

"Awh! Ryleigh, I wanted that bunk,"he whined. "Sorry, Dallllll-pallll,"I said and drug the words out. He put out his bottom lip to pout. I rolled over in my bunk as I scrolled through my Instagram Feed and then opened Twitter. "Ryleigh!"someone, most likely Dallon, kept whisper shouting repeatedly. Not only but they were poking the back of my neck. "What?!?"I asked, irritated. It was too early for this shit.

It was Dallon. He stopped midway from poking my cheek, on his way to the back of my neck, when I had turned over. "Hi!"he said. I sighed and rolled back over. Moments later, something cold was being sprayed all over me and the bunk. I glanced at the colorful mess. Silly string. "Oh, you've got it coming now, Dallon! That was too far!"I shouted and rolled quickly out of the bunk. I landed gracefully on my feet.

He dropped the can and took off running. I took off at a sprint. For such long legs, he isn't that fast of a runner. I tackled him to the floor just as Dad, Mike, Zack, and Dan walked onto the bus. They froze and started laughing their asses off as I held Dallon down. "How are you so strong? No offense, but you're a super smol person,"he said. "Hey, Dad?"I phrased like a question. "Yeah?"he asked as he wiped away a tear from laughing too hard. I pointed to the counter with one hand then gestured that I wanted either shaving cream or whipped cream. Either, would work.

He returned moments later with a can of whipped cream. "Perfect,"I said as he handed it over. "What?"Dallon asked, panicked. He began to squirm. After all, I had him pinned down and he didn't see the exchange. I let him move enough to turn his face toward me. "Close your eyes!"I demanded. "What? No!"he said. "Do you trust me?"I asked. He didn't answer. "Do it, please, Dallon. You owe me. After all, I have to clean up the mess you made in my bunk,"I said.

He sighed then did as I asked. As soon as they were closed, I squirted the whipped cream all over his face. When the can was empty, whipped cream was dripping from his chin as I let him sit up. "I guess that's fair. I had it coming,"he said and licked his lips. He stood and went to the bathroom to clean himself up. Mom climbed on and was looking between me and Dad to figure out why we were laughing so hard. It only made us laugh harder.

Moments later, my phone buzzed. It was a photo of Dallon and I just now.

The caption read: "So, the tour begins. We've obviously started off on the right foot. The prank wars have now begun. It's free game!"

"Daadddd,"I whined. "Sorry, darling. I had to do it. It was too funny not to. You kicked his ass. Remind me not to challenge you in a fight,"he said. I nodded and sat down beside him on the lounge couch. Mom and Dad had their own separate room with a full bed at the far back of the bus, past the bunks. She was asleep. I didn't feel like cleaning up the mess. Mike, Dan, Zack, and Dad began to talk about things for the tour and Dallon eventually joined in from beside me. My eyes drifted closed with my head on Dad's shoulder.