Chapter 27

๑Chapter 27๑

Jayden’s P.O.V.

            “Get off of me you big oaf! You’re too heavy!” Raven voice brings me out of my daze.

            “Uh…oh…uh…sorry…” I say getting off of her and sitting back. She doesn’t waste any time getting out from under me, but she stays on her knees facing away from me. An awkward silence falls and I take a chance to steal a glance at her. Her head was turned away from me and it was already dark out, so I was not able to see her face clearly, but I think I began to see a red tint to it. I feel my own face heat up and am thankful she isn’t facing to see.

            Did we just… No we couldn’t have, but I did feel something brush up against my lips. It could have been a strand of her hair, so I don’t have to get all worked up, but then again there is a chance we actually did…Oh who am I kidding, we wouldn’t be acting like this if we didn’t.

            Our awkward silence is broken by the sound of a phone receiving a text message. Looking over to Raven, I see it was her phone going off.

            “I have to go,” She says after reading the message.

          “Clark?” I ask. She hesitates to tell me but nods after a while. I nod my head in understanding. “Don’t get yourself killed now,” I tell her as she walks over to her car. I would offer to tag along, but I didn’t think either of us could be around each other right now.

            She pulls out a few seconds later and I stay seated down on the ground.

            Did she feel it too? Or was it just my imagination. It was only a few seconds but I could have sworn I felt something, like a jolt of electricity. I thought that only happened in movies, I never expected to believe it could actually happen. I’ve kissed plenty of girls before but nothing like this has ever happened, and it actually felt kind of…nice. Ugh! What has gotten into me!

            I run my hand through my hair in frustration, not knowing how to handle these new emotions that popped up, but freeze when I hear whispers and laughter behind me. That’s when I remember something had pushed me causing me and Raven to accidentally kiss. Turning around, I see something duck down and hide behind the other side of my truck. I walk around the truck as if I’m about to go inside my house, but then quickly round the other side and find two figures hunched over trying to hide behind each other.

            “What were you guys thinking?!” I say glaring at the twins.

            “Oh hey Jay, fancy meeting you here!” Roman says laughing nervously.

            “Yeah, what bring you to this neck of the woods?” Robert asks while also laughing nervously.

            “Stop stalling and just answer me. What the hell were you guys thinking?!”

            “Oh come on Jay, can you really blame us? It was so frustrating watching you guys getting so close and you didn’t even bother pulling any moves on her the entire night,” Robert begins. “So we decided to play cupid and voila, you guys kissed, no need to thank us. Now come along brother, we should really get going,” Roman says dragging his brother and trying to escape, but I don’t let them. I grab them both by the backs of their shirts and pull them back over, forcing them to face me.

            “What do you mean by watching us? Did you guys follow us?!”

            “Well…by ‘follow,’ what do you mean?” Robert asks still trying to avoid the conversation.