Chapter 22

๑Chapter 22๑

Raven’s P.O.V.

“And that’s how I ended up returning to school bruised up,” I finish telling Aiden my life story. He didn’t say anything after a few minutes and I started regretting that I shared everything with him.

“So… he’s threatening you and your mother so he can get you to do some of his jobs.” Aiden states after a few minutes.

“Yeah, pretty much,” I say sighing. “And no, don’t ask me if I have thought about going to the police, because I am sure you should know I can’t do that. There’s no point,” I say before he has the chance to ask me the questions everyone else has asked me when they find out about Clark.

“I wasn’t going to ask that because I know how Clark can be. I’ve seen what he can do, so I know you can’t just go to the police. What I was going to say, was that, if you ever need any help, somewhere to stay or something, you can always come to me.”

“Gosh, you sound just like Jayden, but I do appreciate it.” I say giving him a slight smile.

“So does Jay know?” he asks.

“Yeah, he ended up following me one night when Clark called me for a job.”

“He just couldn’t stay away.” He mutters more to himself.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, nothing,” Aiden says, giving me a mischievous smile that makes me feel uneasy.

“Riiight…well anyways, I should be heading back, I haven’t really been with my mom for a while.”

“Yea that’s fine, but hey do you mind dropping me off at Jay’s?”

“Um, I’m not sure about that. Is there anywhere else I could drop you off?” I ask him not really feeling up to the idea of a chance encounter with Jayden.

“It’s okay, you can just drop me off, you won’t have to get down or anything.” He says seeing my hesitation.

“Um….” Should I? Oh what the heck. “Alright fine.” I say letting out a sigh. About fifteen minutes later we’re pulling up Jayden’s driveway.

“Well thanks for the lift. See you tomorrow Raven,” Aiden says as he gets out of my car. “ And Raven, don’t forget  I’m always here if you ever need anything.”

I nod in understanding and begin to pull away when I see Jayden standing in his doorway staring at me. And right before I turn onto the street I see Jayden and Aiden having an argument.

╰☆╮

Jayden’s P.O.V.

“Where were you two?” I ask through clenched teeth.

“Just out.” Aiden says shrugging as if there’s nothing about it.

“You knew I was trying to talk to her, and yet you still leave with her. Couldn’t you have stalled her or something?!”

“Well, she sure didn’t seem to want to talk to you.” He says walking past me and going to my room.

“Where were you two?” I ask again when I follow him.

“We were just at the café.”

“What were you guys doing?”

“Talking.”

“Talking about what.”

“Stuff.”

“I’m serious here Aiden, now tell me what you guys were doing.”