Chapter 2

๑Chapter 2๑

We can’t stay here. That’s all I can think of on our drive back to our apartment. Just a few minutes ago I had discharged myself from the hospital against the doctor’s orders. We couldn’t take the risk of staying to long and having them ask questions.

The color of my face drains as we neared our rundown apartment. The closer we get the more I see the all too familiar Maybach Exelero sitting in the parking space. I turn to my mother to tell her to keep driving, but it’s too late. The man that has been haunting both of our dreams steps out of his car and throws a taunting smirk our way.

My mother and I slowly make our way out of the car and cautiously stand in front of the man guilty of ruining our lives.

“Well if it isn’t my two favorite girls.” he says as he throws his arms open to embrace us.

“Hello Clark, nice to see you” says my mother. He goes and gives her a quick kiss then turns to me.

“Raven I’m sorry about earlier, I was drunk and wasn’t thinking straight.” I’ve heard this all before, he says he was drunk and didn’t know what he was doing but I know all too well. My mother and I have gone through an entire year without crossing his path. We always move around trying to hide, but somehow he always finds us.

“It’s fine…” I mumble out. Why, after a whole year, why now does he decide to show up?

“Alright now that that’s out of the way how about we go inside and have dinner.” Says Clark as he grabs both my mother and my arm and drags us up the creaking stairs to our apartment.

“Honestly Sarah, I open a bank account for you and Raven with plenty of money, why would you live in this old beat down apartment?” Clark ask my mother

“W-well… I didn’t want to be a burden and use your money….” My mother says barely above a whisper.

“NONSENSE!” Both my mother and I wince as he tightens his hands on our arms. Clark sees this and loosens his grip.

“That’s why I opened the bank account, so you and Raven could spend as much money as you want.”

When we finally arrive to our apartment, my mother takes out the keys and opens the door with shaky hands.

Once inside Clark scrunches up his nose at the sight of our one bedroom apartment. It may not be much, but its home to me, anywhere away from Clark is always home.

“Go pack whatever you want to bring with you, I will not have both on you living in such a place like this. You both will be living with me now.” Says Clark.

“But…” says my mom before she is cut off.

“No buts, you both will no longer be living like this. That’s final.” All arguments are cut off by Clark going outside and calling one of his bodyguards to bring up a couple of suitcases.

“Once both of you are done packing we will go out and have a nice diner.” Clark says when he returns. My mother and I both nod our heads in defeat, there’s no use in arguing, Clark always has it his way.

When I am done packing, I start getting dressed for dinner.

“Hurry up Raven we don’t have all day!” I hear Clark yell outside my bedroom door. Making my way to the living room I find that my mother and Clark are already waiting for me.

“Finally, let’s get going now. Do you both have your bags?” Clark ask

My mother and I both nod. Clark then grabs both of our arms and starts dragging us to his car. After putting both of our suitcases in the trunk, we drag ourselves into Clark’s car. Both of Clark’s bodyguards took the front seats while in he sat in the backseat in between my mother and me.

“Isn’t this nice, being a one big happy family again?” Clark finally says

“Of course…” is all my mother is able to say while I just stare out the window.

“Raven what’s with you, you haven’t said much since I arrived.” He asks surprisingly.

“It’s nothing Clark…” I mumble

“Speak up girl, you need to put power in your voice, and how many times have I told you to call me Dad?”

“I know, sorry… D-dad” I hate having to call him that, he will never be a dad to me. My real dad died long ago and this sorry excuse of a step father will never fill in his place.

 .........................................................................................................................................................................................

A\N: Picture of Sarah, Raven's mom, to the side.