Chapter 6

๑ Chapter 6๑ 

Walking through those doors would have been the biggest mistake of my life as I gaze upon my mother and Clark having a romantic late dinner. When Clark sees me coming in, his eyes turn dark.

“What are you doing here?!” Clark yells.

“Uh…um…” Is all I can manage to say. I’ve seen that look on his face before, and it never ended well for me. I look over to my mother but see she is no help as it seems Clark put some sort of drug in her system so she doesn’t even know what’s really going on.

“Can you please drag this pest out of here?” Clark says to his bodyguards. My drains of all color as I know what’s to come. Knowing that if I fight or scream it would last longer, I let my body go limp as the two apes drag me off. As they throw me down on the floor I prepare myself for what these bodyguards are paid to do, beat anyone who annoys Clark. 

I lay still as these men begin to land blow after blow onto my body. It will be over soon. I say to myself over and over again. I find tears flowing down my face and pray that neither see me crying, it would only make it worse. 

I start seeing stars as one land’s a punch to my face. This had never happens, they usually just hit my body but not my face. Clark doesn’t want anyone to bruise my face so when I’m walking around no one will ask questions.

“Shit I hope that doesn’t bruise, the boss will have my balls.” I hear a faint voice say. “Let’s just take her to her room now.”

I feel myself being dragged up the stairs and later find myself being thrown on the floor of my room. Getting up slowly I begin to crawl into my bed and soon black out.

╰☆╮

The next morning I find myself extremely sore from the beating I took last night. Slowly crawling to my bed I make my way to the bathroom for a nice long hot shower. I feel my muscles begin to relax as the steaming hot water begins to hit my bear skin. When I’m done I walk over to the mirror to assess the damage. The look of shock crossed my face as I see small cuts and bruises almost cover my entire body, but that’s not the worse. A large bruise was left on my cheek bone from the punch thrown to my face. Clarks going to be pissed.

After changing into a long sleeve shirt and jeans, I make my way down for breakfast. I freeze in my tracks as I see Clark standing with his back towards me in the dining room. I try to backtrack but it’s too late, he heard me come in. A look of horror passes his face as his gaze lands on my cheek.

“Shit how did this happen” Clark says. His remark puzzles me, as he has never cared for me, but now he seems to show some concern. This is quickly washed away as his horror expression turns into anger. 

“Those bodyguards are going to be dead for being so sloppy and leaving a visible bruise on your face! You’re not going to school today, I can’t risk having anyone ask questions as to where you go this bruise from.” My face falls at the thought of having to stay in this house the entire day. School is my haven, a place to escape even if it’s only for a couple of hours. I may not make friends but it’s one of the only places I can feel somewhat safe.

“No it’s okay, I could just cover it up with some make-up. That way I won’t be in your way all day.” I tell him quietly. Clark starts debating on whether it would be safe to let me leave.

“Well I was planning on spending the day with your mother” he mumbles. “Alright just make sure no one ask any questions, you hear me!”

Nodding my head in understanding I enter the kitchen to quickly eat my breakfast then head upstairs to cover up any evidence of abuse. On my way to my room I pass another bodyguard does a double take to make sure he has seen me correctly. A look of concern flashes over his face before he turns his head and walks away. Shrugging off his actions I enter my room and quickly make my way to the bathroom to cover up the bruise.