Chapter 20

๑Chapter 20๑

Raven’s P.O.V.

Riiinnnnggg! Riiinnnnggg! Riiinnnnggg!

What’s that annoying buzzing sound? I’m trying to sleep here.

After we had finished telling little ghost stories at the lake we all decided it was time to go. Around eight o’clock at night, we all headed back to Jayden’s house so the guys could pick up their cars and for Jayden and I to take Ian off of Carmen’s hands.

Entering his house, the sound of a crying baby fills the room. Going to the living room we find Carmen holding Ian, and it seems he has not stopped crying for a while, noticing Carmen’s tiring expression. I quickly go and grab Ian from Carmen to relieve her, and he stops crying.

“Aw…someone missed mommy and daddy.” Jayden says and I just roll me eyes.

“Thanks Mrs. Perez, I’m sorry if he was such a handful.”

“Oh, it was no problem, if anything he was better behaved then Jayden was. And please Raven, call me Carmen.” She says.

“Oh right sorry, well thank you again Carmen, but now I think I’m going to get ready for bed.” I give her an appreciative smile and start to walk towards Jayden’s room. I see Jayden give his mom a hug and kiss on the cheek before following me.

“You can go ahead and shower and I’ll put Ian to sleep.” Jayden says once we entered his room.

“No, its fine you can shower first.” I insist.

“No, you can take a shower.” He protests.

“I said it’s fine that you shower first.”

“And I said you can shower first.”

“Would you just go shower now?!” I say through clenched teeth. I’m surprised when I hear laughter but it wasn’t coming from Jayden. Looking towards the doorway I find Mr. Perez clutching his side because he’s laughing too hard.

“Your right Carmen, they are worse than us.” Mr. Perez says and walks away.

“I told you, but I think it’s adorable.” I hear Carmen say to her husband from down the hall. What are they talking about? But before I can think about it anymore I feel Ian being taken away. Turning my attention back around I see Jayden rocking him back and forth, putting him to sleep.

“Now go shower.”

“Fine!” I say throwing my hands up in defeat and walking over to my bag of clothes on the floor. Quickly taking a shower, I change into my pajamas and walk back into Jayden’s room. I see Jayden has already put Ian to sleep and is getting ready to take a shower. Being exhausted from today’s events I go to sleep.

Well at least I was trying too until this annoying ringing sound woke me up.

“Raven….phone…” I hear Jayden mutter from the floor. The sound of slight snoring tells me Jayden fell back to sleep. Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I reach out my hand to the night stand in search of my phone. Finally feeling it, I answer without even looking at the caller id.

“I got a job for you. Be here within the next ten minutes.” Clark’s voice comes from the other line and then the line goes dead. I groan as I realize what I’m about to do. It seems this day just keeps going on, or should I say weekend seeing as it’s two in the morning.

I quietly change into jeans and a t-shirt and tip toe all the way to the front door. I cringe when I turn on my car fearing the noise may have woken someone, but after a few moments of listening and seeing that no one was disturbed, I sigh in relief.