Chapter 15

Chapter 15

May 6th

Tasha had a great day today, but she was looking forward to getting home. She was still happy about how well her friends and Adam got along and she was glad that she met Mr Wilson's friend. He seemed like a nice enough guy and Tasha wondered whether or not she would see more of him.

Tasha slowly walked herself off of campus, but as soon as she was out in the dark, she quickened her pace. That was the worst part about having long days in winter; she was coming home in the dark. Tasha was always on edge as she walked herself to the train station, knowing that anything could have happened to her if she wasn't careful.

"Hello, again," said a familiar voice behind Tasha.

Tasha turned around to see that David was also walking to the train.

"Hello," replied Tasha.

"Shall I walk with you?"

Tasha nodded her head. She didn't want to say no to David when he offered to walk her to the train station. Yes, she didn't know this guy, but he was also a man and she felt safer walking to the train with him. If anything was to happen, he would be able to protect her.

Tasha pulled out her mobile as she and David were walking to the train station and she sent a message to Mr Wilson, asking him who David was and why he was being so nice. And it wasn't long before she got a reply. Tasha asked Mr Wilson to send a picture of him with his friend David and Tasha looked at the picture. She quickly looked at David as well, and she worked out they were the same person.

Tasha now believed that David was who he said he was and he was a good friend of Mr Wilson's.

Tasha looked at David, "why did you want to walk with me to the train station?" she asked.

"Do you have to ask?" replied David, referring the dark surroundings.

Tasha looked into the dark surroundings. She still felt safer with David and she was glad that she wasn't walking alone right now.

"And why would you want to come to the train station with me? Don't you have your own car to take yourself home?" asked Tasha.

"No, as a matter of fact, I will be catching the same train as you, as I normally do. Save on fuel," replied David.

"What's with the rudeness, as well? You weren't rude when I introduced myself before."

Tasha lowered her eyes. She wasn't trying to be rude, but maybe she was being a little blunt.

Whoops.

"Tasha?" asked David, getting Tasha's attention.

"Right, I am sorry," replied Tasha, quickly coming up with an apology, "I am just tired."

"Alright, if you say so."

It wasn't long before Tasha and David made it to the train station and they boarded the train that they would normally get. Tasha was glad that David didn't sit next to her, but he did sit near her. She found herself wondering where he lived. He couldn't have lived in Sandy Beach because Tasha had never seen him there before. He probably lived in a town that was a little further away from Sandy Beach.

Tasha closed her eyes and rested her head on the cold glass window. It wasn't the most comfortable position in the world, but it was all she had. A pillow would have been nice, she thought, but clearly she wasn't going to get one any time soon.

Oh well.

She would deal with it.

...

Tasha was disturbed from her quiet time when she felt the seat move slightly next to her, and a kiss to her head. She then smiled at Adam when she realized it was him.