Chapter 17

Chapter 17

May 12th

"Is it safe to come in, babe?" asked Riley after he knocked on Nicole's bedroom door.

"It is," replied Nicole as she opened her door, "I was just about to get up anyway."

"I can't believe your dad last night. He's not up, is he?"

"No."

"Good. He will let me stay for breakfast, won't he?"

"Don't know, but you are going to stay anyway," said Nicole, surprised with what she just said.

Riley smiled and then he leaned in and gave Nicole a passionate kiss on the lips. Riley then cupped Nicole's face in his hands and kissed her on the forehead. Nicole was still so glad that she wasn't scared when Riley did this to her, and she found that she really liked kissing her boyfriend. She was also glad that Riley respected her and he never pushed her into doing anything she didn't want to do. Riley proved that to Nicole last night. He could have snuck her into his room last but, but he didn't and Nicole was so proud of him.

"I have to groom the horses before I have my breakfast," said Nicole after she was released from Riley's grip, "but you are welcome to find something you want. I think you know where everything is. Well, everything that you need."

"I think I will pass on that, babe. I don't want to be alone in the kitchen when your dad gets up," replied Riley.

"So, what will you do in the meantime?"

"I will just come out with you."

"Okay."

Nicole and Riley returned to their rooms to put on some clothes and then they went out to the paddock. Riley smiled when he saw Blue and Nicole was glad that he liked the horse. But why couldn't Riley like Ruby or Lightning? Why, out of all the horses, did he have to like her father's horse? He was the one person who didn't like Riley. But at least Riley understood that Blue was Mr Walker's horse.

"I heard you talking last night," said Nicole as she tethered the three horses to the fence, "I didn't know you talk in your sleep."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you, babe," replied Riley, giving Nicole the curry comb after she pointed to it.

Nicole smiled a thank you, "no, you didn't disturb me. I was awake."

"And I wasn't talking in my sleep," said Riley, "I was talking to Amy."

"What were you talking about?"

"I told her that she is my best friend, but she needs to mind her own business. She had no right telling your dad about my past."

Nicole nodded her head.

"If anyone should have told him, it should have been me or you, preferably me," Riley continued.

"And what did Amy say after you told her off?" asked Nicole.

"Well, she said that she was sorry for hurting me, but she was not sorry for looking out for a friend."

"A friend? I didn't know we were friends."

"Neither did I, but you are best friends with her sister."

"I know. I like Amy, don't get me wrong, but I have never really considered us friends," said Nicole.

"Well, I told her that she doesn't need to look out for you because you are perfectly capable of looking out for yourself. I can't believe she had the nerve to imply the fact that I am going to hurt you."