Chapter 3

February 3rd

Tasha was glad that in the past couple of days, Adam had managed to clean up the house, especially for her. Tasha had stayed over at Adam's for the past couple of nights, ever since Amy got back from her honeymoon. Tasha wasn't interested in seeing how loved up the newly married couple were.

So, have you spoken to Matilda since the wedding?" asked Adam as he and Tasha got some dinner started.

"Sort of. She hasn't really said much to me since she went back to RayBourne," replied Tasha.

Matilda Shepherd was Tasha's best friend ever since primary school, but they had destroyed their relationship in year ten. Tasha had organized a sleepover for Isabella, and Matilda was acting like she didn't want to come.

But she really did want to go, and Tasha and her friends unknowingly excluded her. Matilda didn't take this well at all and she got extremely mad at Tasha, ending their friendship.

But things had changed since then. Just last year, after many attempts, Tasha had finally managed to repair her friendship with Matilda, and she was so happy about that. Matilda even slept over at Tasha's house before Amy's wedding; something they would always do when they were younger. Tasha was glad that things seemed to be going back to normal with the pair of them because she did want the friendship back. She missed it when it was gone.

"So," said Tasha as she cut up some vegetables, "have you go any offers yet?"

The second worst part about this year was waiting for university offers. Tasha expected that now that she knew her score, university offers would have come flying in. She did get a couple of offers, but not as many as she thought, so she found that a little disappointing.

"I did," said Adam, "what about you?"

"I did as well," replied Tasha.

"What did you get?"

"You first."

"Okay, then," Adam smiled, "I got in. To Egyptology. That was the first course on my preference list."

"Congratulations, Adam," Tasha said proudly.

"Thanks, Tash. Now it's your turn," replied Adam.

"I got into counselling. But it was the second course on my preference list."

"The one in Langheights?"

Tasha nodded. Langheights was at least an hour by train from Sandy Beach. Tasha didn't mind the travel involved, but she did really want to study at the local university which was walking distance from her place. But she really wanted to study counselling so she should have considered herself lucky she actually got into a course she wanted.

"Did you get into Langheights as well?" asked Tasha.

Adam shook his head, "no, Yongeborough."

"At least we'll get to take the train together, even though you'll ditch me."

"For ten minutes, Tash."

Tasha laughed. Okay, Yongeborough was the stop before Langheights, but it still felt like it would be so far away without Adam. This was the first time that the pair of them were going to take different paths with their life and they were actually going to have to be apart while they studied. It was going to take some getting used to seeing as they had gone through both primary and high school together, but they knew they would be able to do it.

"Do you know which university Nicole got into?" asked Tasha.

"Yeah, The University of Sandy Beach. She got into the vet course there," replied Adam.