A few months later 

"Right, that looks like all of it" Frank's mother said, dropping off another box of stuff in her son's arms. "Thanks, mom" Frank smiled, looking back at a smirking Gerard over his shoulder. He couldn't explain how happy he was about this decision. It seemed so unreal that he would be living under the same roof as his ex-English teacher. "I can't believe you're already moving out" His mother sniffled, crossing her arms. I mean, she did have a point. Frank was only 18 and he's already moving out of his house.

The sound of a car horn started, looking over to see an annoyed Mr. Iero sitting in the driver's seat. "Would you just give me a few minutes, Frank!" Ms. Iero shouted to her husband. He sighed in disgust and rested his head into his arm. "Gerard, let me help you get all the stuff into the apartment. Frank, stay here for a few minutes. We'll be right back" She smiled again, pretending like the argument with her husband was nothing. 

Gerard nodded and quickly kissed Frank's cheek before grabbing another box, being followed up to the apartment by his boyfriend's overprotective mother. 

Frank on the other hand, just stood there. Taking in the sweet fresh air from outside. He was genuinely happy... until he noticed his dad leaning onto the car door, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in front of him. "We haven't talked in a while, huh dad..." Frank sighed, seeing the older man grunt, not daring to look at his son. 

"What? You're still not gonna talk to me? Even after almost a year of me coming out?" Frank kept on pushing his questions, making his father grip the steering wheel and shift uncomfortably in his seat.

"You're supposed to be my dad... you that right? So, maybe fucking act like it... Cause I'm still waiting for that talk. You know, the talk that you're supposed to give me when I came out. That it's alright to be gay and that you're there for me when things go south-..." He stopped himself, sniffling. He started to get angry and even sad at that point. All he wanted from his father was a warm smile and open arms to his sexuality. Guess he'll never get that. 

"I guess I failed as a son then. Is that what you wanna hear? That you're always right-"

"Frank, stop" His father finally spoke, raising a hand up in defence. "You didn't fail as a son" He continued as Frank raised an eyebrow. So, after almost a year, now he wants to talk maturely with him?

He sighed. "When you said that you're gay, I was just shocked. I didn't think my only son would turn out like this and I got scared. I'm not ashamed though. At least not now. I thought that you would get married to a woman and have a child -"

"But I can still do that... well, not marry a woman but-... Even though I'm dating someone from the same sex, I can still raise a kid" Frank said, wanting to imagine a world where he would have a kid with the best person on the entire planet.

"But it's not a genuine product of you, Frank. I want the family blood to keep on going. Besides the point, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. I'm terribly sorry for calling you those horrid names and I shouldn't have turned my back on you. You're right,... I need to start acting like a father and I know it's late now and you're moving into a home where there is someone who loves and cares for you but now I've realised everything" He finally turned his head round to Frank, smiling softly. 

"You really mean that?..." Frank crossed his arms, hearing footsteps coming up behind him. His dad nodded and widely smiled. "Hey, Frankie!" His mother suddenly yelled, making the other boy quickly wipe his eyes from the almost fallen tears. 

He turned back to them and faked a smile. "We finished taking up all the boxes so... now's my time to leave, I guess" She started tearing up, hugging the small boy in front of her so tight, his head could pop off. 

"See you, mom" Frank softly said, receiving another goodbye from his mother before she left with wet tissues in her hand. 

When Frank's parents finally left, Gerard turned to his boyfriend, cupping his cheek. "Hey, are you okay?" Gerard sweetly smiled as he saw Frank's swollen eyes and slightly quivering lip. "Mhm... I-I'm good" Frank lied. He wasn't good at all. He just talked to his dad again after a ton of months and was so full of emotion, he didn't know what to do with himself. 

"You sure? Is it something about me or your parents?" Gerard asked, genuinely concerned for his boyfriend. 

"Uh, I... I just talked to my dad for the first time in a couple of months. He said that he's finally proud of me and I just-..." He cut himself off as he started to cry. Gerard sympathetically smiled and brought Frank into a hug. The younger boy shivered as he nuzzled his head into the crook of Gerard's neck -since he was tall enough to do that now-. 

"It's okay. Just breath, yeah" Gerard reassured, rubbing circles into the younger boy's back as Frank did just that and calmed down. "So, you wanna go home now?" The older man said, smirking as he looked over to the tall building next to him. Frank faced Gerard and giggled, wiping at his teared stained cheek. He smiled.

"Yes"

________________________________________________________________________________

The End

A/N 

So, this is the end of I'm A Mess. It was awesome voicing out my idea of a story and I hoped that you liked it as much as I liked writing it. Here are some other books that I wrote just in case you wanna read more of my stuff:

- Blood Infections (completed) - Frerard
- Blood (new + ongoing) - Frerard
- Voices (new + ongoing) - Frerard

- Bleeding Lips and Cigarettes (completed) - Frerard

Bye. Shrlyxoxo