1 week later 

Gerard woke up, feeling his stomach turning from anxiety once he realised he had to go to court that day. He felt like he could throw up or even faint. All the arguments he had with his lawyer just made the whole thing worse. He told him to plead innocent and lie that he didn't know how old Frank was in the beginning of this whole affair. But he just found it unbelievable and decided to go against his opinions in what to say in court. He just wished that the recording of them didn't reach the police in the first place, and that they could just continue with their relationship. 

He did think about everything though. Frank was seventeen now, so maybe they wouldn't give him a huge sentence... but then again, it's been a year of them 'hanging out'. They could focus on that fact only if the jury wanted to, making things worse if they found out he was an alcoholic and drug abuser. 

He got out of bed, stretching out his arms as he looked at the picture frame on his desk. It was when him and Frank went to a photo booth and took pictures that they would probably regret in the future. He smiled at it, cherishing the stupid pictured they took. Thinking that it might be the last memories he would have of the younger boy.

He walked to his bathroom, shaking the thought out of his mind as he took a quick shower and headed over to his closet, picking out a simple suit for his hearing in court. He knew Mickey was gonna be there to support him along with Frank, but he was scared for the first time in his life. Scared that he's gonna get taken away. Scared that he was gonna lose everything he had been working on in his life and be classified as a registered sex offender. 

Scared that he was gonna lose Frank for good. 

He drove to court, standing at the entrance of the building. "Mr. Way..." His lawyer walked up to him with his usual briefcase. "Follow me" He continued as the teacher nodded, feeling a tear threaten to fall out. They walked into the courtroom, seeing everyone stood up with the judge already in place. Gerard gulped, seeing Frank stood in a suit, on another table across from where he was going to sit. He smiled at Gerard, mouthing a quick 'It's going to be okay' before Gerard slightly nodded. 

"Everyone can be seated" The judge said, making everyone sit down. "Today we're here to discuss the case of Franklin Iero and Gerard Way. A recording of their illegal affair was turned in to the police by Raymond Toro just a week and a few days ago. May Franklin Anthony Iero please stand up" The judge said as Frank pushed back his chair and stood up on his feet. 

A guard walked over to him with a bible in his hands. The younger boy place a hand onto the thick book and the other one in the air. "Do you swear by Almighty God that the evidence you shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" He said as Frank nodded. "I swear" 

"You may proceed, Mr. Iero. What's your take on this?" The judge leaned back onto her chair. "Your honour,... it'd not his fault. I-I dragged him into all of this and I believe that he shouldn't be sentenced to anything. Besides, all we did was kiss. We didn't engage in sexual intercourse" He glanced at Gerard, sighing. "Could we play the recording..." The judge said as the speakers in the courtroom starting playing out the recording. 

Gerard sunk into his chair, running a hand through his hair as he bit at his lower lip, almost drawing blood. "Do you classify that it's you and Mr. Way in the recording?" She asked as Frank nodded. 

"Yes, it's us and I won't doubt that... even though I believe the recording was an invasion of privacy" He said, wanting to actually shoot Ray in the head for doing this to them. "And how old were you when you started the affair?" She continued, leaning over the huge desk. 

"I just turned sixteen and he was twenty-two" He almost whispered, sensing his mother frown behind him. 

"Mr. Iero, you do know that it's illegal?" Frank nodded yet again. "I do... though, uh... t-this year in October I'm, gonna be eighteen. W-When we started, I thought that if we just kept this a secret for now, maybe we could be together when it's legal" Frank said as the judge sighed. 

"Alright, thank you Mr. Iero. You may be seated" She said as Frank did just that. "Mr. Way..." She said, turning over to the boy sinking down in his seat. 

The guard walked over to him and did the same procedure with the bible. "Mr. Way, how do you plead" The judge asked as Gerard looked at his lawyer, seeing him nod and stare at him.

"...Guilty." Frank bit his lower lip, eager to just walk over there and shut him up. "It was wrong. I... I do love him and I knew this whole affair would get us in trouble at some point but I persuaded myself to think it would be fine. As an adult I should know what is right and what is wrong by now and... I guess... I got desperate. All I ask is not to do anything to Frank. I take full responsibility for this and if you have to lock me away when do so... just leave Frank be. He's a growing guy full of potential. He doesn't deserve this" Gerard sniffled and wiped at his eye, trying his best not to cry. 

"Thank you, Mr. Way for your plead" The judge said. 

~~~~

After a few minutes of waiting outside, the judge called everyone back in, taking their usual seats. 

"After much deliberation with the jury, the court has decided to sentence Gerard Arthur Way to house arrest for six months. On the other hand, Franklin Anthony Iero can't  contact Mr. Way through any device and meeting up for these six months. Both men will be monitored from here on out" She banged the gavel down onto the wooden platform, concluding the case. 

~~~~

"All set" The policeman finally said after putting the ankle monitor on Gerard. He looked down at it, seeing it's bulkiness just made him cringe. He stood up, putting down his pant leg as he walked out of the building, feeling tears brim his eyes. 

"Oh, shit... Gerard" Frank cursed, diverting his attention to the older boy before running up to him as fast as he could. He bumped into him, wrapping his arms around his waist with tears streaming down his face. "I'm so sorry..." He mumbled in between his chest, grabbing at his coat. 

"No, Frank... It's not your fault, don't cry" Gerard ran his hand through his hair, kissing the top of his head. "It is!... I can't see you anymore-"

"-Only for six months. You can do it, okay. It's not that much" Gerard said, pulling back a bit to see his sad face. "I-I... I can't do it" Frank sniffled, balling up Gerard's clothes in his hands. 

"Uh, Gerard?... We have to go" Mikey suddenly popped up behind Gerard, tapping his shoulder. "N-No, Gerard, don't leave... Don't leave me, please" Frank cried, latching onto his teacher tighter than before. "I have to, Frank... I love you. Remember that... for me" Gerard leaned down to his level as a tear rolled down his face. Frank nodded and Gerard wiped away the younger boy's tears with his thumb, pecking his lips quickly. 

That's when he let go. Let go of the one he loves. He turned away as Mikey came up to him and wrapped his arm around his shoulders. He quickly looked back, seeing Frank's face drenched in tears for the last time. His eyes red as he shivered. "It's okay, Gee" Mikey patted his shoulder, trying to make him forget.